No announcement yet.

Parhelia Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still needs quite a few driver revisions to bring OpenGL upto par....

...and we need the driver guys to make that happen....

As for the present OpenGL drivers, the maker of Tenebrae, a remake of quake with new features, had this to say about the current parhelia drivers:

"The following card should work (but the drivers are currently (8/12/2002) so buggy the engine crashes on startup)
    Matrox Parhelia"
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

K6-III - that statement is an inaccurate representation of what acctually happens. Considering that Tenebrae is, to my knowledge, the first piece of software to be released that makes use of Matrox's fragment shader extension in OpenGL, I wouldn't be so quick to judge them by that.

Edit: just realized it made almost no sense
      Last edited by DGhost; 8 December 2002, 21:22.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

No wonder.
        Any non-standard / non-major OGL software cries for problems with Matrox OGL ICD - and it was like that since the old G400 days and unfortunately it still seems the same.
        Just try some of those scene OGL demos, MAME-GL, OGL screenblankers,...
        Just do a search and you will find a long rant thread about the G400 OGL drivers with many more examples.
        Last edited by Indiana; 9 December 2002, 16:35.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

well i have a parhelia and i have had nothing but trouble from abit and gigabyte boards on all cards.

one abit board, they put a huge resistor in the place where the socket processor went, cpu wouldn't even fit in.

then another one wouldn't detect some preipheral cards.

troubleshooting bugs w/ ati cards is also a pain. nvidia, well, they just have almost no features.

i prefer epox boards, i'm running a 166 bus just fine w/ stock fan and 1 case fan.

so as for now its the OX for me, epox and matrox.

Comment

Epox/Matrox combo here as well...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Right On

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                That depends. You guys used to believe that the ICD was written by somebody else. I notice that those rumors have tapered off lately.
                Well it is true

Just sturing the pot a bit
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                X