tip---->G400DH in Windows.NET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip---->G400DH in Windows.NET

Today I ventured off to install Windows.NET RC2 Build 3718, I have installed Windows.NET's previous builds and had no problem with my G400. Today was a different story. I could not get DVDMax to work, I reinstalled 3 times thinking that it was a bunk install. Apparently this latest build of Windows.NET does a few things new.

1.) It lowers Hardware Acceleration for the Video card down to the second to lowest setting, this is one instance actually prevented PowerDesk from loading, moving this back up to full fixed that problem.

2.) This was the puzzling one, after just about giving up after the 3rd reinstalled, I decided to check one more place. I ran DXDiag to check the Directx version and verify that D3D was running. It wasnt. By default Windows.NET disables Direct3D and DirectShow.

Once I found that, I enabled both of them, and was then able to get DVDMax to work. Hopefully someone else having this problem will come through here and this will fix their problem without them trying to reinstall too many times.

Thanks,

Brendon

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, warez? Not here.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Perhaps a beta tester....
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Or a CPP user. You can download Windows.NET RC2 legally from Microsoft after registration you know, just like RC1
        Tyan Thunder K7|2x AMD AthlonMP 1.2GHz|4x 512MB reg. ECC|Matrox Parhelia 128|Full specs

Comment

I installed it yesterday, legally from MSDN , and figured it out as well that you need to set some services from disabled to automatic, such as Windows Audio for sound, as well as the hardware accelleration bit for display adapters.

For .NET Server Microsoft finally figured out that deployment is all about installing a server in a fully secure settings state, and that it's up to the domain admin to enable certain "unsafe" options, such as hardware-accellerated banding that might cause epilepsy
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

hehehe...

Bill Gates: "Everything must be done in software, so that we can weaken the entire hardware market when nobody uses hardware acceleration. By that time all the companies will be gone and people will be spending all their money on Windows and other microsoft products instead of spending on some dumb Radeon 9700 PRO silicon cards. all we need is intel helping us to develop the CPU and mobo, and later we will just buy them so we can dominate the computer market mmuhahaha"

wait... so u can dl it if u are a member of MSDN? okay then i will do that tonite

Comment

Working...
            X