parhelia cooling (cooler remove)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parhelia cooling (cooler remove)

i want to install a water-cooling system into my PC, but i´ve some problems with the parhelia-cooler.
    how could i remove this damn cooler?
    this noisy thing seems to be forged on the gpu.

thx for your help!
    the deep waters of the deep blue sea covers the hottest blood of all..... enjoy the silence!

Warm the card with a hairdryer, and the heatsink should come right off.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

hairdryer?

matrox uses a termo-glue to fix theyr coolers on the gpu?

i´m courios:
      where u get this information?
      i searched a few days, with no result.

thx!
      the deep waters of the deep blue sea covers the hottest blood of all..... enjoy the silence!

Comment

It's not really a thermal glue, but it does tend to soften quite a bit with heat. Enough that you can torque the heatsink off easily.

The information comes from here. Of course we'd be some of the first people to mod the cards.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

THX!

thx for your fast help!

seems that my system will be silent very soon...

Comment

how exactly do i remover the pins from the heatsink without breaking them?iu would like to use them to attatch the new heatsink.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Pinch them together from the PCB side of the board and pull from the component side (unless you wish to push them from the board side)
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

got it, didnt realise i needed to remove the inner pin before doing so, modifications in progress will be completed once ive drilled 2 holes in the new copper heatsink, will post picks and overlcokcs when i get them.

Comment

got the cooler off and now realised after trying to drill holes the new heatsink doesnt quite fit over both holes(still covers chip easily though. how do you all attatch your heatsinks(dont want to permanently glue).

Comment

Working...
                  X