Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!HELP!!! Parhelia dead after using the 217up.exe

Someone please help,

Today I did a progbios /d c:\pinfiles.txt and saw that my retail parhelia was clocked 217 542 so I decided to run the just released updating program from matrox.

I run the 217up.exe (under windows XP) and got the message that an error had occured. Next thing I tried was to see if something had changed so I did a new progbios /d c:\pinfileafter.txt to see if anything had changed, this went wrong so i thought oh maybe this has to have the same filename and so i run it again and shit now the (original) file was gone and i got the following message:

ERROR ! Product information structure is invalid.

I thought shit why let's see probably nothing has changed and I rebooted my system, boy was I wrong, it started to bliep on me. So i made a startup disk, put an pci-card in my systeem change the bios so it would start with the pci-card and run progbios again but now with the /o to write the current bios to HD and afterwards with the /i option and the 971-10.bin file.

But nothing happened I still got the message:
    Model: Parhelia
    PCI Location: Bus:1 Dev:0 FCT:0
    Graphic Bios: Version 0.0 Build 0
    Product Id:
    Serial EEPROM: ATMEL AT25f1024

Binary info:
    Version 1.0 Build 4

ERROR ! Product information structure is invalid.

Does anyone know how to solve this and for example force the progbios program to flash the bios with the bin file

Or any other solution, do other people have this experience to!?!?!

This is the first time in my Matrox Life I have this kind of a problem with an official matrox program. (I started with the mystique (still own it), and have a g200 / g400 / parhelia)

Try this:
    START --> RUN --> BROWSE (your P cd)
    \SysUtils\pbioswin /s c:\pinsfile.txt
    where pinsfile.txt is your original bios dump!
    I've been the same problem, but when I've seen the "ERROR" message, instead of shooting down PC i've used the string above written and flashed without problem......
    I hope this cold help U.
    Last edited by Lukappaseidue; 22 December 2002, 16:14.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, but my problem is that I don't have any pinfiles anymore because (i'm so stupid) and did a progbios /d c:\pinfiles.txt after I ran the 217up.exe and this erased my pinfiles.txt. (I can't do anything anymore no dumping /programming nothing.

Is there a way to force this or to use someone else it's pinfiles.
      (I have a retail parhelia rev. a with had a bios 1.4).

Comment

If you know the serialnumber of your P, is it no problem, beacuse the sn is saved in the Pinfiles too.
        System:
        P III-S 1.4@1.52
        512 MB SDR-Ram
        Gigabyte-6IEML
        Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Gohan,

I've got my serial number but NO pinfiles.txt and if I want to make one it's doesn't work because of the error message.

Any clues other tips?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Hi,

I've got the same problem here after using 217up.

I know that pinfile for the parhelia were posted, but cant find them.

Still searching ....

Sirko.

Comment

Here is one:

But haven't tried yet.

Sirko.

Comment

Just tried to flash with the pinsfile, but this gives me the same error about the invalid product information structure.

:-(

I'll post this in the Matrox TS forum, when its open again.

Sirko.

Comment

Working...
                X