Multimonitor Clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimonitor Clone?

Is there a possibility to clone the main-display to all other displays(heads), or any other way to show the main-display on the "feature" display through the svideo/composite-connections?

This would be particularily usefull when moving the computer from your desktop to the TV for watching a movie without the need to move the monitor to be able to launch a divx-movie.

(Now using 2displays, independent mode.)

- Mikael.
    Windows XP, Intel P4 2.26GHz, MSI 645E Max2 LRU. 1024MB DDR333 RAM, 2X Maxtor 80GB D740X Fluid @ RAID 0, Pinnacle PCTV Pro, Adaptec SCSI + HP DAT8i, Matrox Parhelia 128Mb Retail, LG DVD, Samsung 16x10x32 CD-RW, Wacom Graphire USB Tablet, 2x Samsung SyncMaster 959NF 19" @ 1400*1050

Have you ever tried DVDMax in the PowerDesk program?
    It's very easy way to get movies displayed on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikko
      Have you ever tried DVDMax in the PowerDesk program?
      It's very easy way to get movies displayed on TV.

No, I actually haven't. I asked the question in advance

As far as I know DVDMax plays the movie (or anything in overlay) in fullscreen through svideo, it's ok but how do I get to start the movie as the only screen I can operate the computer is the TV-screen?

Is there a way to only enable the TV-output as the primary "monitor"? Can I directly just plug the svideo/composite-adapter to the 1st head on my parhelia?
      Windows XP, Intel P4 2.26GHz, MSI 645E Max2 LRU. 1024MB DDR333 RAM, 2X Maxtor 80GB D740X Fluid @ RAID 0, Pinnacle PCTV Pro, Adaptec SCSI + HP DAT8i, Matrox Parhelia 128Mb Retail, LG DVD, Samsung 16x10x32 CD-RW, Wacom Graphire USB Tablet, 2x Samsung SyncMaster 959NF 19" @ 1400*1050

Comment

The only way to connect a TV to a Parhelia video card is the first connector of the cable adapter (using TV-Out cable of course).
        It is impossible to use a TV as a primary display.

You will have to start a movie on your primary monitor and when you are using DVDMax feature, the movie is displayed on your monitor and on your TV at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikko
          The only way to connect a TV to a Parhelia video card is the first connector of the cable adapter (using TV-Out cable of course).
          It is impossible to use a TV as a primary display.

You will have to start a movie on your primary monitor and when you are using DVDMax feature, the movie is displayed on your monitor and on your TV at the same time.

Hmm, you say it is impossible to display the desktop of the primary display on tv-out? That means it would not be possible to play games using a TV either...

That _seriously_ cuts down the usefullness of parhelias tv-output.

I believe there must be a "clone"-mode not only for a traditional multi-display set, but allso for a display+feature display mode, is there?

Comment

What he means is that a TV cannot be your only primary display.
            You can clone the primary to the TV.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
              What he means is that a TV cannot be your only primary display.
              You can clone the primary to the TV.
              Ok, that sounds better

As I said, I'm doing the wrong way, asking before trying. Sorry if my questions are a bit annoying.

I can probably not clone the primary to the TV at the current state (2 displays, independent mode), can I do it on 2displays independent mode + 1 feature display -mode? Or should I choose 1display + 1 feature display? And how do I enable cloning? I found no settings or shortcuts for cloning mode.

And some more questions that'll go a bit offtopic,
              what is the maximum resolution and refresh rate when using 2 displays independent mode + one feature display (PAL 50Hz TV-monitor)?
              Can I save display-modes (incl res. and refresh rates) as shortcuts like it could be done in G4xx-series drivers?

Comment

Now I tried it, without success.

Could somebody please tell me what settings to use so that I could get the primary display cloned to the TV-out (at _ALL_ times). This sould be possible to do without a computer monitor.

Is it possible to use a parhelia-computer without a computer monitor, only through TV-output? I tried with the "1 Monitor + 1 Feature Display"-display mode and I found nowhere to configure the TV-output (NTSC/PAL etc..), !and it is not possible for me to have in any occasion both a computer monitor and a tv connected at the same time!

Please help ASAP, really important.

Thanks in advance,
                Mikael

Comment

What I do is use DualHead Zoom and set it to zoom the whole screen.
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

As was already said, it cannot be done with only a TV hooked up.

Just set up for 2 displays, clone mode.
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                      As was already said, it cannot be done with only a TV hooked up.

Just set up for 2 displays, clone mode.
                      Yup, I figured it out, clone mode. I thought choosing "feature display" was the only way of TV-output.. I was wrong

Now I did it this way, I changed the display resolution to 800x600 @ 50Hz .. as it should be a PAL-supported format, Is this necessary or can I just leave my 1400x1050@84Hz on and then just move mo computer beside my tv and hook it up? Does it alter the screen resolution & refresh rate automatically?

Another problem I encountered was when I wanted to adjust the video playback image for tv display, It quickly fullscreened the testscreen and there was no way to return to the settings, and when dvdmax was disabled the settings link was greyed... What did I do wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X