Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max DH - Output to TV on primary

Hi All,

I currently have the G400 attached to my TV but only in clone mode on the secondary head.

Is there anyway to make this work on the primary head?

Unfortunately clone mode draws the mousepointer in software and the application I am using requires hardware otherwise it flickers and can't be seen half the time.

If I use an old nvidia card it will boot and detect the TV on the primary and adjust accordingly. Can the Matrox do this?

Edi: I'm using a svga -> s-vhs cable to connect to the tv. 800x600 looks nice and crisp using this as opposed to nvidias implementation.

thanks,

Rb
    Last edited by ratboy; 6 January 2003, 11:32.

You can't run a TV off the primary.
    But once you have it set up on the secondary as a clone, you can just unplug the primary monitor, and leave the TV running on the secondary.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Cheers.

Thought there was some limitation.

Comment

Do we need to run two devices (TV and Monitor) together ONCE to set everything then can we disconnect the monitor and everytime I reboot, I will eventually get my desktop on the second connector (tv out) ..

Urgent help is needed

Thanks ...

Comment

sure you can. Flash the BIOS with the TV-Out support enabled, hook up a monitor _once_, enable dualhead clone in windows, shut down, disconnect monitor, and you will have output on the tv in all the situations where you used to have it on the monitor (well, except the pre BIOS-POST info).

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dZeus
            sure you can. Flash the BIOS with the TV-Out support enabled, hook up a monitor _once_, enable dualhead clone in windows, shut down, disconnect monitor, and you will have output on the tv in all the situations where you used to have it on the monitor (well, except the pre BIOS-POST info). [/QUOTE

I haven't done any flashing of the bios' and it all works. Am I missing out on something here?

Comment

without flashing the BIOS with TV-OUT support, you won't get any output on your TV between the BIOS POST till the Windows driver has been loaded.

It's quite usefull when you want to install an OS with only the tv hooked up, or in other situations (like dualbooting)

Comment

Excellent. Time to do a bit of flashing.

Comment

Working...
                X