Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent Resolutions with G4xx in Win2K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Resolutions with G4xx in Win2K?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for ways to avoid using stretch mode with my computers.

I did a search of the forums and I could not find answers to the following questions:

1. What is the latest driver set for the G400 that allows one to run independent resolutions in Win2K?

2. Is it possible to run independent resolutions with a G450 PCI in Win2k?

It's question #2 that I really need answered. In my main machine I am running Win2k SP3, a GeFart3 Ti200 in the agp driving primary monitor, a G450 PCI driving monitor #2, and a G200 PCI driving monitor #3.

On my desk, the monitors are positioned like this:

#2 #1 #3

I am forced to use the g200 instead of connecting the #3 monitor to the g450 because the stretch mode of the G450 makes navigating between the monitors annoying. Stretch mode will not permit me to run the primary monitor's desktop between the two g450 heads.

Any ideas?

-Ijon_Tichy

Whats your mobo chipset?
    There ARE problems and limitations if yours is not an Intel.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Oops. Forgot to mention that.

All my boards are 440BX's (Abits too :/ )

-Ijon_Tichy

Comment

Have you run the setup (setup.exe of the g450 drivers) with the "extra dual-head support" option enabled.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Yes I believe I did. I remember seeing it.

Let me clarify that I can run dual head with the g450 pci. But so far I can only do dual head in stretch mode.

I would rather have independent displays (like in Win98) so that the g450 drives desktops on either side of my primary one from the GeFart.

I want this:

#2 #1 #3

But the G450 stretched dual head only lets me do this:

#2 #3 #1 or #1 #2 #3

(where #1 is attached to GeFart)

Comment

Are you sure? You should be able to drag the monitors around in display properties.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes, you guys were right. I apparently did not have the extra support installed.

I reinstalled with extra support and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

If only I asked you guys about this two months ago.

Well at least now I can put my g200 pci into some other box.

-Ijon_Tichy

Comment

Working...
              X