This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by William
    Hmm; since I've demonstrated that it's possible to play C4 well on a rage128, care to rethink that one? Perhaps if you actually looked at what was on screen rather than the FPS counter, you'd find gaming more fun.
    I am sure the game looks just great on that 128. I bet it plays smoothly as well.

Comment

It does actually.
      MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Originally posted by William
        It does actually.
        If that is what you really believe, then you really, really need to see what PC gaming is supposed to look like. However, if you do enjoy gaming with visuals like the ones that are presented in Comanche4 running on a rage 128 then you should indeed enjoy some of the latest simulations being played on the Parhelia.

Personally, I really liked Nascar Racing at 1920x480. Especially when a car off in the distance blinks in and out of existence as it crosses from one pixel column to the next on my display. Now that is what I call gaming at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
          Depends what side of the fence you're on. It might've made them realise what their real qualities are. The reason most G400 owners bought Matrox was far quality, features and performance. If it only offered TNT2 performance with no added quality or features it would've flopped. So, Matrox realised that DualHead is a great feature, that good drivers, an excellent support network etc are all what Matrox owners desire. They focused on that You're comparing clockspeeds on different architectures. It's safe to assume that a 250MHz Parhelia would be faster than the actual 220MHz one. However, when you compare a Parhelia clock speed against the clock speed of a different core you're comparing apples and oranges.

Take my 1667MHz Athlon and a 2GHz Pentium 4. Capisce?

P.
          Oh, I capisce alright. I capisce that even if the Parhelia ran at the same core speeds its competitiors are capable of it would still offer lesser performance due to its lack of efficiency.

Unfortunately, the AMD vs Intel thing is not gonna wash here. There are no parellels at all. With AMD vs Intel, the slower can be faster, with the Parhelia vs ATI/NVIDIA GPUs that simply will never be the case. Sure, the Parhelia does beat out some faster clocked cards in some cases but, that is ONLY due to its 256-bit bus.

Comment

OK... I've read the whole thread, and all I have to say is: go away... Get a life...
            I don't think anyone is impressed by your comments, nor that you will change how people think here. Spare us - "fanboys" that don't want to lose time reading pointless dialogues - your presence, so maybe we could read something constructive and useful on these fori...

Comment

Originally posted by Goc
              OK... I've read the whole thread, and all I have to say is: go away... Get a life...
              I don't think anyone is impressed by your comments, nor that you will change how people think here. Spare us - "fanboys" that don't want to lose time reading pointless dialogues - your presence, so maybe we could read something constructive and useful on these fori...
              Hey, I didn't start the thread there, Spanky. I'm just answering to peeps concerns. If you have other threads to read then go read them. No one is forcing you to waste yourt precious time here.

Also, I couldn't care less whether anyone is impressed by anything that I might say. You make it sound as if that were something that might actually affect my day. I think not. I am just enjoying watching people run around in circles while really saying nothing of consequence.

And, I am also enjoying leading some of the lesser witted folks about by the nose. Like trying to get someone to accuse me of being an ATI fanboy by mentioning the 9700. Worked like a charm too. Heh heh I love forum life. Especially one that seems so full of self import as this one.

Meanwhile, I am working away on an article on the NV30. Now that is one kick-ass sounding gaming GPU. And, I bet it has great 2D as well.

Comment

Like trying to get someone to accuse me of being an ATI fanboy by mentioning the 9700. Worked like a charm too. Heh heh I love forum life. Especially one that seems so full of self import as this one.
                Troll...

Don't feed the trolls...

Comment

So far every fault we've brought up about your review you've responded with a glossed over perspective dismissing them all. That's hogwash and WE all know it... shame you can't see the forest from the trees...

BTW I haven't insinuated jack shit, but you on the other hand have done so repeatedly with virtually everyone that has responded so far. (which is actually kinda funny seeing that you are the n00b in this forum). Do you always conclude that everyone is an idiot or only those that don't praise every word that flows from your finger tips?

Apple's to oranges is all you are comparing to, incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view or your own faults.

Have a wonderful career writing unproffessional rubbish... and to think you offered to rewrite the review for @$25/h pffff

I'll suggest you have a read.

and to coin your phrase...

next...???
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    So far every fault we've brought up about your review you've responded with a glossed over perspective dismissing them all. That's hogwash and WE all know it... shame you can't see the forest from the trees...

BTW I haven't insinuated jack shit, but you on the other hand have done so repeatedly with virtually everyone that has responded so far. (which is actually kinda funny seeing that you are the n00b in this forum). Do you always conclude that everyone is an idiot or only those that don't praise every word that flows from your finger tips?

Apple's to oranges is all you are comparing to, incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view or your own faults.

Have a wonderful career writing unproffessional rubbish... and to think you offered to rewrite the review for @$25/h pffff

I'll suggest you have a read.

and to coin your phrase...
                    Hmm, and I was hoping you were off somewhere running some benchmarks with a new driver so that you could prove some points. Guess not. Still just trying to gloss right over those wildly inaccurate critisisms and the lack of facts to support them with annoyance, eh?

Comment

This pissing match has gone on long enough.
                      Just accept the fact that there are deficiencies in your review, and intelligent people can see them.

If you want to see a good Parhelia review, check out the one typedef enum did at nV News.

This thread is closed.
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                      X