No announcement yet.

parhelia voltage mod finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eYuppers... The DX4 nomenclature it was a marketing move against Intel at the time... bigger #'s always make Joe Public feel like they are getting something faster.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wombat
      Funky,
      I definitely had a DX4-133. 4x multiplier, at 33MHz, and that was stock, from AMD.

Also, I had an Aptiva that came with a passively-cooled Intel 486 SX2-50.
      Nevertheless, the AMD DX4-100 was really only 3*33MHz, and the DX4-120 3*40MHz.

AMD 486DX4-133 = AMD 5x86-P75

Comment

• Originally posted by Greebe
        eYuppers... The DX4 nomenclature it was a marketing move against Intel at the time... bigger #'s always make Joe Public feel like they are getting something faster.
        Actually, it was a marketing move <I>by</I> intel. They started the numbers first. The DX3 had a 2.5 multiplier, but never went to market. Intel did have thier own DX4 @ 100MHz(3x33).
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

• Oh that's right... forgot about the Overdrive processors
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• Wow that was a fun little trip down memory lane. It kind of shows the dizzying amount of crap us techies have had to endure.(Read marketing BS ;>)
            It also helps to put a little perspective on the current market today. We can see the same things happening. Just add some more zero's on the end of all those speeds.
            funky
            Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Working...
            X