No announcement yet.

Passiv cooled Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a 80mm fan blowing at it?
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

the cooler will be too hot.you should asemble a fan on ajcent PCI Slot to below the hot air out of BOX
      PC:Intel P4 3G |Intel D875PBZ|Geil PC3200 256MB Golden Dragon x 2| matrox Parhelia-512 R 128MB|Creative SB! Audigy2 Platinum|Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 120GB x 2 Raid0|WesternDigital WDC WD1200JB-00EVA0|LG 795FT Plus|LG HL-DT-ST RWDVD GCC-4480B|LG HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8523B|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868|SF-420TS
      DataCenter:Intel PIII 450|Intel VC820|Samsung RDRAM PC800 256MB x 2|matrox Millennium G450 DualHead SGRAM 32MB|Adaptec 2940UW|NEC USB2.0 Extend Card|Intel pro100 82557|Samsung Floppy Disk|Fujitsu MAN3367MP|Seagate Barracuda ST136475LW|IBM DTLA-307030|Sony CU5221|SevenTeam ST-420SLP|LGIM-ML980|LGIM-K868

Comment

I use a Papst 80mm Fan @7V, it is noisless
        System:
        P III-S 1.4@1.52
        512 MB SDR-Ram
        Gigabyte-6IEML
        Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Gohan would you do me a flavor and measure the HP's diameter for me.

TIA
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You mean the tube? It is exactly 0.5 cm
            System:
            P III-S 1.4@1.52
            512 MB SDR-Ram
            Gigabyte-6IEML
            Matrox Parhelia

Comment

System:
              P III-S 1.4@1.52
              512 MB SDR-Ram
              Gigabyte-6IEML
              Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Do you need ramsinks with this cooler?
                P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Ahh what I thought then... about a 20w HP

Cheers
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's only a GPU HS setup... ramsinks extra (Zalman doesn't offer)

Comment

Greebe whats a 20w heatpipe?
                      hmmmmm

Comment

the HP used on the ZM-80A

(it's between 15 and 20watts)

Comment

hmmm ok pretend I'm thick and dont know but a heat pipe does that not just transfer heat not watts?
                          hmmmmm

Comment

All single ended HP's have a thermal maximum they can handle.. in this case it's ~15-20w before thermal runaway occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by bibble
                              hmmm ok pretend I'm thick and dont know but a heat pipe does that not just transfer heat not watts?
                              Watts are a measurement of power. That power can be electrical, thermal, or mechanical.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Watt are the family joules?

Edit: Apologies, but school Physics was a boring place, we needed humour, no matter how bad

Also, <a href="http://www.frostytech.com" title="FrostyTech">FrostyTech</a> has a <a href="http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1323" title="FrostyTech Zalman ZM80A-HP VGA Heatpipe Cooler Review">Zalman ZM80A-HP VGA Heatpipe Cooler Review</a>.
                                Last edited by Pace; 23 January 2003, 07:51.
                                Meet Jasmine.
                                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                                X