No announcement yet.

G800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, right after Matrox closes its doors.

Comment

Even then, I doubt it.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
        You said That can be interpreted several ways. And when Wombat says it sounded suspicious.
        ROFLMAO then somebody brought up Rage Fury MAXX. heh

ture. i doubt we will ever see a G800.

Comment

i cant think it would ever exist in silicon, because if they got that far down the road they may as well have brought it to the market.
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

dual?

seeing they tried to make dual g400 (g800), couldn't they get rid of their banding parhelia cores quicker by making dual parhelias? and u'd get some added performance to boot

just my 0.02 worth...

Comment

and dual price too in that case.
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Nah, no dual cores, triple cores, one for each screen

They would only cost about 1000$

Comment

seeing they tried to make dual g400 (g800)
                  False, the G800 was never based on dual G400 cores.

I wish you boys would learn how to read.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    False, the G800 was never based on dual G400 cores.

I wish you boys would learn how to read.
                    but maybe on dual G800 cores?
                    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Read the whole thread and my responces to all those who misinterperated it.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

just a remark...

Bitboys aren't dead. they were close but right now things look bright though the sun is different. they announced in local newspaper that Q4/2002 they got profit of 700000 Euros.

so no hoping 3D card from them either. Something else could be available from Bitboys as inside of retail product after some time in future. (most likely Sasq will be first ones to see those devices in retail stores, if everything goes well.)
                        "Dippadai"

Comment

I have heard that they(bitboys) were going after the pda/handheld-market(or maybe a gameboy-clone) and has completely left the desktop-market, for now.
                          off course it might just be a rumor .

allmost the same direction as powervr are heading.
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

PowerVR is a very multifaceted company. They are presently working on Series5 for the desktop market....
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                              2xG400 (basically)...
                              in that case, u were referring to twice the performance of a single g400 then, right? but only using a single core? maybe i should check out the whole thread...

nevertheless, having two or three cores on a parhelia would be mad - would that be enough to saturate the "to-be" shared 512-bit bus? heheheh (considering there's quite a bit of headroom left currently.. correct me if im wrong)

Topha, the drivers could be written in such a way that you could choose whether performance was spread across all screens, two, or supercharged on just one! imagine that!!! i think that'll solve everyone's problems...
                              Last edited by ryoken; 4 February 2003, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X