No announcement yet.

Banding parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at matroxshop.com it seems that clearance of the m3d stock got first priority
    P seems to have a lower priority.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

..... oh. Sorry didn't realise Kruzin.

Matrox currently seems to be like Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, you don't really know what goes on inside, but you can tell the umpa lumpas have lost some of their knack of making the tastiest sweets. And to find the golden ticket everyones gonna have to eat alot of chocolate -- forgive me it's late.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
        No board revision is going to fix it.
        It is going to take a chip revision, and that isn't going to happen until they unload the current stock of chips they have.
        Isn't it a problem with the ramdac?
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

The RAMDACs are on-board the chip. Even still, this might not be the source of the problem, because people report the banding problem on the the 3rd head, which is handled by an external RAMDAC.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            The RAMDACs are on-board the chip. Even still, this might not be the source of the problem, because people report the banding problem on the the 3rd head, which is handled by an external RAMDAC.
            Many people on tech supp forum report NO banding on 3rd head actually.
            P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
            Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
            And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I use DualHead home at my computer, and no banding.... I belive both the primary and secondary RAMDAC is on the chip!

Comment

Working...
              X