No announcement yet.

Overheating Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You still need a fan with this Zalman...
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

two things:
      have you tries opening the side of the case. does the card have good airflow???
      also, how does the zalman heatpipe work on the parhelia, as they say it WILL NOT???

Comment

Bigg: the new version (ver A) does work on P. Gohan has done so.
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
          You still need a fan with this Zalman...
          Huh? No. My card runs over houres without a fan @225 Mhz Coreclock passiv cooled with the HP80A.
          System:
          P III-S 1.4@1.52
          512 MB SDR-Ram
          Gigabyte-6IEML
          Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
            Bigg: the new version (ver A) does work on P. Gohan has done so.
            thanx man. thats sweet. I wondered what the difference was when I saw it on their website.

Comment

That are my proofs that it fits
              System:
              P III-S 1.4@1.52
              512 MB SDR-Ram
              Gigabyte-6IEML
              Matrox Parhelia

Comment

If you really think it's heat related then make sure the general temp inside your case isn't getting to high. No matter how big a fan you have, if the temp inside the case is high then that may be the cause. All you have to do is run with the case open (for more ventilation) for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

Without seeing the problem first hand I won't speculate on what the cause might be, but it's entirely possible that it's not temp related at all. Some applications catch all errors and will just exit and windows won't report any errors to the user even though there were errors. I've debugged with a few of these apps, it's always fun.

Comment

I've actually seen temperatures RISE on expansion cards as well as the mobo with the case off.

Having the case on ensures proper airflow between the front of the case towards the back over all the cards.
                  With the case off the fans pull in outside air instead of warm air around the electronics.
                  Giving the air a defined airflow path ensures heat is extracted properly.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                  X