ECS K7S5A
    1.1ghz Duron
    384Mb SDRAM
    13GB HD
    350W PS
    On board sound
    Generic PCI modem
    WinXP SP1 with all updates

I just got done updating Office XP and was putting in Notorn Systemworks 2003 and got the picture attached.

I rebooted after NSW got done, then I installed the lastest Matrox Drivers (windows certified) and got almost the same corruption as before...but without the black lines running up and down the screen. I rebooted again and for the past 15 minutes no problems. Any suggestions on to whats going on? Bad video memory? Or is the PINS screwed up?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

heres the photo
    Attached Files

Comment

I have had similar corruption before, after rebooting it has not occurred again...

Comment

Seems to me some memory problem. Does that G200 have memory addon installed? Is it OCed? What about cooling? Does it get hot when the problem shows up?
        Mine did things like this when it got too hot, but since I installed a fan that blows away heat from it, the problem went away. OCing also produced same 'effect'.

Comment

Is the driver aware that it's an SDRAM card and not an SGRAM card? (Although I wouldn't know how to check or force it)
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I've seen screens like that with a Parhelia and G450 when troubleshooting a brand new mobo. In the end I think it was the AGP slot that was buggered. So I got a mobo replacement and all has been good since.
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
              I've seen screens like that with a Parhelia and G450 when troubleshooting a brand new mobo. In the end I think it was the AGP slot that was buggered. So I got a mobo replacement and all has been good since.
              You missed it....its PCI Card

Comment

Doh! Could be the PCI slot then....
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Whew, nobody saw my quickly deleted "Try AGPx1" idea.

If it keeps on doing it, try turning off busmastering and/or hardware acceleration just as a diagnostic test.
                  Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 11 February 2003, 11:11.

Comment

Does the problem occur in 'DOS' TEXT mode also? You know, when you open a console and press alt+enter for fullscreen....

Comment

Originally posted by ganyaik
                      Does the problem occur in 'DOS' TEXT mode also? You know, when you open a console and press alt+enter for fullscreen....
                      no problems when I boot up with that machine either.

Comment

I have no idea then... Does the problem occur in DOS games also? You could try some very simple one(Aladdin, etc) with a boot floppy.

Comment

Re: Bad G200?

Originally posted by GT98
                          ok put together a system for my friends mom with the following

G200SD PCI
                          ECS K7S5A
                          1.1ghz Duron
                          384Mb SDRAM
                          13GB HD
                          350W PS
                          On board sound
                          Generic PCI modem
                          WinXP SP1 with all updates

I just got done updating Office XP and was putting in Notorn Systemworks 2003 and got the picture attached.

I rebooted after NSW got done, then I installed the lastest Matrox Drivers (windows certified) and got almost the same corruption as before...but without the black lines running up and down the screen. I rebooted again and for the past 15 minutes no problems. Any suggestions on to whats going on? Bad video memory? Or is the PINS screwed up?
                          Looks a lot like ATI's

Did you try older drivers? Win2k ones? Original XP ones?

Comment

Re: Re: Bad G200?

Originally posted by Kurt
                            Looks a lot like ATI's

Did you try older drivers? Win2k ones? Original XP ones?
                            LOL well since Matrox doesn't make what I want to use at home, ATI has my money. So does Matrox, but then again I'm not using the Parhelia at the moment

Getting back to the G200 problem...the Corruption started with the drivers that came with XP and then again after the XP certified drivers from Matrox. Its the first time the card acted up on me since I got it off Ebay and was in a BX chipset board before this with no problems. After I rebooted after the last set of corruption I didn't have any problems. I really haven't had the machine up and running for extended periods of time since it was put together, so I'm going to have to use it allot tonight and tomorrow before I give it to my friend over the weekend so his mom can use it.

The other thing is...might it have to do something with my LCD display I'm using? I have it hooked up to a Dell 2000FP (it has VGA,DVI,S video,and compsite inputs to it) via VGA analog and switch between that and my main PC that is running a R9700 via DVI.

Comment

hi

has the bios on the card been updated

what bios ver?

cal
                              another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

Comment

Working...
                              X