No announcement yet.

Dual DVI connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think the color of Radeon 9500's DVI output is good. The simultaneous TV-out does not even have any performance penalty in 3D mode. (Thanks to extreme memory bandwidth?) Anyway, that is just the Radeon 9500/128 with 256-bit memory bus and extreme stable at 390/300 MHz setting without any special cooling.

Concern the color/gamma range, contrast and other factors, however, it still cannot beat G550. At least my eyes prefer the color output of G550 rather than Radeon 9500's... in terms of color fullness/contrast on both DVI output and TV-out.

For the Matrox's current product price in terms of cost/performance, I have excluded it from list of 3D Game adapter. But...
    If there is a cheaper Parhelia (< US$200, <150 is better...) with Extreme fast 2D at 1600x1200x32bpp dual-head, 2-DVI / 2 D-SUB / 1 TV-out and unrestricted Video overlay space/mapping function, it would definitely my main computer's video adapter in substitution of G550.
    P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

... maybe Sundog is my sub for G550 too. But then I will be looking at DX9 for my next card, so no Matrox for me

But yea. If you are not extremely picky about 2D i think an ATI R300 will do, just like what others say. BTW ever thought of (or are you allowed) to mod an Asus GeForce MX into Quadro 4 NVS?

Edit:

Look what i found.

Looks like nVIDIA changes the Quadro 4 NVS into Quadro NVS with the GeForce FX "silver logo style". However, they are the same. (apparently and PDF file was not updated )
      Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 28 March 2003, 21:44.

Comment

I know someone with a GF (2 or 3 or 4), and his card simply won't do 1600 DVI, though it should. We guess it's a driver issue.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the only ATi cards with dual-DVI are Macintosh cards and FireGLs.
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
            As far as I'm aware, the only ATi cards with dual-DVI are Macintosh cards and FireGLs.
            I cant find any ATI cards with dual DVI output either :-(

So my list of dual DVI cards is :

Matrox G550 dual dvi - does not do dual 1600x1200

Matrox Parhelia - bit expensive, we dont need the 3d performance

3DLabs Wildcat VP560 - good looking card, gets on the final list.

Asus V9180 VS - cheep, older model, cant find out if it does dual 1600x1200

Asus V9280 VS - reasonable price, cant find out if it does dual 1600x1200

Any more to add?

Mark Leman

Comment

Working...
            X