Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max and WinXP Pro

Hello,

After a few years of absence I'm back in the fold at MURC as the proud owner of a used G400 Max video card (eBay - $37.50!). This card will replace the original STB TNT 16MB card in my aging Dell Dimension XPS R400. I think this is the last upgrade the Dell will get and I'm excited about it!

I'll be installing this card on Windows XP Pro. Does anyone have any words to pass along about installing and configuring this card in WinXP Pro?

Thanks!

George

hey good for you,
    this card should have no problems whatsoever with winxp pro.
    been using it for > 1 year with absolute stability.
    The future's no use today.
    <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

Drivers?

Originally posted by diewlei

this card should have no problems whatsoever with winxp pro.
      been using it for > 1 year with absolute stability.

diewlei,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! What drivers have you been using with your G400Max?

gearl

Comment

Re: Drivers?

Originally posted by gearl
        diewlei,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! What drivers have you been using with your G400Max?

gearl
        i used 5.88 and drivers b4 that.
        have to inform you i work exclusively in 2D using this card and didnt test it out with any games so latent problems may not manifest themselves.
        The future's no use today.
        <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

There's nothing much to worry about G400 series and Windows XP competibilities. Matrox is concentrating their G-series drivers for Windows 2000/XP. Been using my G550 for 2 years (XP/2000 for ~1 1/2 year). No problem with it whatsoever. Still the nice 2D. 3D obviously much slower than the GeForce lines, but so far no competibility problem due to drivers. (Only hardware limitations like Shaders and TnL)

Comment

Re: Re: Drivers?

Originally posted by diewlei
            i used 5.88 and drivers b4 that.
            have to inform you i work exclusively in 2D using this card and didnt test it out with any games so latent problems may not manifest themselves.
            No problem. I'll be using my card for only 2D as well.

Thanks again for your input!

gearl

Comment

Working...
            X