New Parhelia Drivers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parhelia Drivers!

HAHAHA! I got the new driver post this time!

Here they are, dated today, April 16, 2003.

Have fun.
    Ian
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Damn, I thought I could be the first one to report this

Btw it is not a Friday.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

YESSS...

Now I'm only waiting for the linux ones
      Just a month left of grad school!

Comment

Re: YESSS...

Originally posted by the main lobe
        Now I'm only waiting for the linux ones
        Don't hold your breath.

Comment

i noticed that there is something called "opengl overlay" in the game-settings, I haven´t noticed that before. does anybody know what that is? They haven´t updated the help section concerning this.

BTW, where are the release notes?
          Last edited by TdB; 16 April 2003, 15:55.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Hi TDB,

it seems that the 'opengl overlay' is only ment for professional progs. like 'Maya' which run windowed. If it's active Maya will use the OpenGl hardware overlay.

Comment

thanks

has anybody noticed any changes in the new drivers, what do they fix?
              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

congrats now people will not be whinning for new drivers . So... does VS2.0 work?

Now I have to wait for the G-series drivers...

Edit: nvm about DM...
                Last edited by Chrono_Wanderer; 16 April 2003, 16:03.

Comment

Were there no release notes or changelog with the drivers?

Comment

Everything seems to run so far, but 3DMark03 still shows only a vertex shader 1.1 no 2.0! I expected more.

Well, I know - Parhelia is no complete DX9 design. But there doesn't seem to be significant performance enhancements with the DX9 application '3DMark03'. A bit more would have been nice, too.

I suppose that they increased the OpenGl performance but it's just an impression. I still got no numbers...
                    Last edited by JaG; 16 April 2003, 16:06.

Comment

I don't think the Parhelia has a VS 2.0, so no matter how much they enhance the drivers it's never going to be anything better than a 1.1.

Comment

Well albatorsk, they described it as vs 2.0 since the first day:

So I hope that this won't turn out as an other 'problematic' design-trouble...

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry. Where does it say 2.0 in that page?

Comment

Actually VS 2.0 is one of the biggest functions in Parhelia-512 core logic.

Displacement Mapping, of course, is another.

I think the reef demo does use VS2.0 also. That is why people are saying running running the reef demo on Radeon 8500s doesn't look as good as it is on 95/700 and Parhelia

Comment

Then the big question is: What's keeping matrox from including access to the VS from their drivers?

This is just so typical of matrox, in a negative way.

Comment

Working...
                              X