Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2003 and Parhelia

Hi gang,

I just installed Windows 2003 server (standard flavour) a few hours ago. Everything working real good to be a new OS.

However I can't get the Parhelia drivers working
    After the installing reboot I got an error message from PowerDesk.

I remembered about the problems with the .Net 1.1 framework so I've installed the 1.0 version, now I don't get the error message but the powerdesk is not showing on my systray or in the screen properties.

I've tried the 1.03 series of drivers and the brand new 1.04, both without success.

Does anyone have this problem?
    Did someone found a work-around?

PS: does anybody know of a site where I can find some info in how to tweak for performance this new OS?

cheers,
    ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Try Developer Relations at Matrox yet?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I haven't
      The first and last time that I contacted them it took 3 weeks to get an answer.

anyway now it's working.

I 've installed the .Net framework that comes with the drivers's CD instead of the 1.0a I downloaded from msdn and the first official drivers. PD was working.

Then I've updated to the 1.04 driver release and PD didn't show up, that was because for a extrange reason the hardware acceleration was turned off in the display properties.
      Setting it to "full" fixed the problem and everything is working rigth.

see ya
      ivan
      <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Go to a control panel and double click on power desk.
        If you don't get power desk started on the start-up, it doen't
        matter to the performance of the card. In case you need to use
        the power desk, just go to a control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by drslump
          that was because for a extrange reason the hardware acceleration was turned off in the display properties.
          Setting it to "full" fixed the problem and everything is working rigth.
          That is because it is Windows Server 2003. It is not intended for workstation applications and as such comes with Video and Sound acceleration disabled, mostly for security and stability reasons.

If you were using the product as intended, you would not have a Parhelia in the system.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
          X