No announcement yet.

Vertex Shader 2.0 on Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Matrox implement occulusion detection with a driver update or is that just a limitation of the chip? Lack of occlusion is what is holding back this cards 3D capabilities (aside from clockspeed). I really dont understand why Matrox wouldnt want to include this technology, are there any reasons?

Comment

• almost entirely sure its a hardwarte limitation, also with the driver support from matrox even if it was possible to implement they would never get round to it due to lack of staff. ive reached the end of my teather with them now, i thought id give them a year to iron everything out and be giving us frequent updates, hell id even buy a P2 if it was announced now but its not and ive got a real slow card with nearing no support on my hands here, surround gaming is all thats stopping me from replacing it as i could easily put up with an ATI in my system.
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

• By Raptor
        Just a question, i just saw a video-clip from Half-Life 2, an that game will be released sometime during this fall.
        I heard that Half-Life 2 use Dispelment Mapping, but does it use Vertex Shader 2.0 or other versions?
        I dont think so as Half-life 2 is supposed to run on a geforce2mx at least (if not tnt2).. but i suppose it may be able to use it if available..

In fact i have no worries running HL2 on my g400 fingers crossed
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

• On a G400...... Realy... that must be with all details to minimum and the lowes resolution you can get....

Comment

• that just shows how good a game programmer can be if he could write to support a 4 year old card (or is g400 older?) as well as scaling to the latest cards..

Just imagine how the game will look on a Parhelia
            Last edited by Belwarrior; 27 May 2003, 20:57.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

• Originally posted by Belwarrior
              Just imagine how the game will look on a Parhelia
              Probably look great.
              P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

Comment

• in response to the mail sended to the sales@....
                Stimato Sig. ......,

per qualsiasi informazione di tipo tecnico potrà visionare il sito http://www.matrox.com/mga/italiano/home.cfm
                nell'area chiamata SUPPORTO le varie sezioni, Guida Utente, Domande e risposte e nella sezione Garanzia troverà il link per il Forum utenti.

Rimaniamo a disposizione per ulteriori informazioni e con l'occasione la salutiamo cordialmente.

Comment

• Which translates to :

Customer, **** you

I am the 1 and the 0, the bit and the byte.
                  No computer is unbendable to my will, as hacking is not so much skill as psychology. Much like the lawmaker and the money that drives him to do as anyone would wish with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X