No announcement yet.

parhelia triple head banding question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parhelia triple head banding question.

if i run parhelia in triple head mode i understand i can run a digital lcd on the center display alongside 2 anologue outputs, now as dvi does not band and there is no issue of banding on the 3rd head does this mean i can run with banding only on one screen. the reason i ask is that i am considering buying a lcd screen as my centre screen with a veiw to eventually having 3 lcd's. many thanks.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

I think that's the case if you're doing it. Make sure those LCD's can do the same refresh rates and resolutions.
    And remember that if you use a digital and analog displays plus TV-Out at the same time,
    you cannot setup "2 displays, Independent mode + 1 feature display" according to the PowerDesk guide.
    In that case, "2 displays, Stretched mode + 1 feature display" is still available.

Comment

thats fine i dont need use feature display anyway, thanks a lot.

Comment

I've never noticed anything dodgy with my Parhelia.

What exactly does the banding problem occur in the form of, or when does it occur.

Cheers, S.

Comment

when i first got it i got banding confused with a Vsynch problem, the only time i ever notice it is when payin operation flashpoint while looking at a bright sky, its basically like having a TV reception when its not quite tunes right so that you get dark verticle lines moving up from bottom to top of the screen, they are really faint but it gives the impression of screen flicker as you have moving lines on the screen. i think it only hapens in 3D or with video overlay and only on the first 2 heads, so if you have a triple head set up you can rig it so the middle analgue screen is band free. it is eliminated by using the DVI connection.

Comment

Working...
          X