2nd Damaged/DOA P650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Damaged/DOA P650

I will never buy a Matrox product again. I have just received my 2nd damaged P650. Matrox is not a company that impresses me in the least. I can only assume - as this is the SECOND damaged card I have received - that they care absolutely nothing about the quality of products that they sell.

Thanks, but no thanks. I have a lot better things to do with my time than to wait for Matrox to get their act together. So long Matrox - I'm now an ATI customer.

In what way was the product damaged?

Comment

Please give a little more information about the damage.

Also, did you buy it from the matrox shop, or from a third party online store, or a local store?

Dan
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Both P650s came from CDW. The first arrived with a capacitor (C8) and its base broken off from the PCB board. The second arrived today with the same capacitor severely bent, though not broken, and the white "J1" connector not even connect to the board and just rattling around inside the electro-static bag.

Both cards shipped in brown (I'm assuming OEM) boxes lined with foam. This box was in turn packed in a larger CDW box with air-filled plastic bags as packing filler.

CDW is pointing the finger at Matrox, and given the way these are packed and shipped, it's too difficult to know if it's Matrox or CDW. As usual, they point fingers at each other.

Anyhow, CDW is giving me credit for the product. Airborne Express has yet to come and pick up the first P650. I'll hold on to these cards for a couple months and, if they are never claimed, then I'll see if anyone wants to buy damaged P650 cards on eBay. (I heard about someone doing that with a different video card somewhere.) The CDW Rep said that unclaimed products could be "trashed".

After finding out that CDW is backordered til the end of July on anymore P650s, that was the nail in the coffin of my relationship with Matrox as a customer. I went out and bought an ATI 9600 Pro, which came out of its box in tact.

Now, I'm off to build the computer I've been waiting to build.

Too bad for Matrox. They just lost a customer here.

Comment

hmm, Matrox *might* have a problem in there packageing asembly line....

But I find it more likely that CDW is to blame. the cards probably arrive in bulk and are boxed by CDW...IF you see stories of this happening to other distributers then I might believe CDW.

But I guess you will never know, but think abpout it, you get one card and it is broken, you order another and that has an obvious breakage....do you think that giving a oem card a look over before sending to a customer or has already received a dud to be a good idea...CDW don't seem to.

Comment

Personally, I'd point my finger at CDW...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

You bought a boxed Ati, you should have bought a boxed Matrox instead of OEM. If a boxed card is borken, then you know it's Matrox fault. But for an OEM, you can't possibly know.

Still I'm sorry for what happened to you :/
              System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Working...
              X