To be Matrox or not to be Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what about this second question?
    "Can the Matrox Boss be a little bit humble talking with us and explain their plain for the future?"

Comment

He doesn't have to. We aren't shareholders of Matrox.
      Nobody is

p.s. Amiga, don't tell me you hadn't used to this approach of Matrox. Was there any different?

Comment

Well I would like to know if they are going to have another shot at it (gaming) or if they are going to move to business segment entirely.

If they do have another stab I think they should do something similar to the Geforce/Quadro.

But instead have a Mystique/Parhelia. The millenium can remain in its current mold of business (a type of 'MX' parhelia).

That would mean one core for Mystique/Parhelia with a few features turned of for Mystique. And a cut down version of this core for Millenium.

I think the bottom line is we all want for a 'loci/r420' beater made by matrox with the awesome 2d quality. And we are willing to pay a premium for it. ie ATI 9800 $399, Matrox ? $450. Those are American prices.

Comment

What I think they have done wrong is that they release new products every year. That is a given. But they need to have a full product range for more than one market, not try to make one card (Parhelia) do anything and everything. Parhelia, P750, P650, and probably another Gseries respin to make it cheaper should have been all released at the same time.

Comment

Wait: The developer and the research team is able to work on 3 different project. The current (Parhelia) the next (p2) and the future products. So we can expect that Matrox have much information to share whit us. I don't believe that any of their card is a top secret card because almost certainly it will be a card based on the DX platform of Microsoft avaiable to all the developers. Off course some proprietary features can still under NDA but the majority of the information can be revealed to us without any difficulty. This will be considered a very good courtesy form to the MU. Is this so hard to do by the Matrox Boss or by the Matrox Employee? This is not problem regarding shareholder or similar things. Indeed the Matrox company is much free than other companies tied to their hungry shareolders.
            This type of behavior will carry a series of benefits to the Matrox company. I am sure about this.
            Last edited by Amiga Blitter; 15 July 2003, 06:45.

Comment

Working...
            X