Yet another Headcasting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Headcasting thread

The german "Heise Newsticker" just posted the following news (in german of course):
    www.heise.de/newsticker

English summary (warning: my english is not real english):

IFA (Internationale Funk Ausstellung - International Consumer Electronics Exhibition) Heinrich-Hertz-Institute shows off enhanced video telephony

H-H-Institute will introduce on IFA in Berlin a newly developed video telephony system based on MPEG4 to make video telephony possible over low bandwith mobile phone connections.
    Dr. Peter Eisert from HHI: "We've developed an MPEG4-player with the ability to show "head-shoulder-scenes" with low bitrates". It will be possible to carry mimic, "lip movement" and voice on mobile phones and pocket pcs with low data rate connections. Instead of compressing the video data an 3D model will be transmitted at the beginning of the call. Afterwards only movements and mimic data are transmitted. Voice is in sync with mimic.

Sounds familiar he?
    Core 2 Duo@2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, running SuSE11.2
    G550 at work, G400 and Mystique collecting dust

...and I'm sure it will be just as popular

I mean, there's a reason that the headcasting software wasn't bundled with the Parhelia or any other card succeeding the G550.
    Last edited by albatorsk; 23 July 2003, 10:37.

Comment

Yeah lol.. I thought we saw the end of that debacle. :P

Comment

AAAHHH!!! ArseCasting

Speaking of headcasting, i hvae never tried it, even I have own my G550 for >=3 years now... :O

Comment

tried it once, its novel. It might actually work for a hands free cell phone scenario. As video calls are starting to become popular here, but bandwidth is still expensive, it may have a market in the High School kid range.
          (keeping in mind most kids get a cell phone here anywhere from the age of 10 up)
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hey Chrono,
            I have a G550 here at work. Maybe we could "headphone"
            Currently running Linux. Unfortunately there is no HC software for this OS

Btw. To use HC one must take two pictures in a police style and send them to a company to get the 3D head. Does anyone know if this company still exist?
            Edit: http://www.digimask.com/launchpad2.html
            Last edited by exMotraxUser; 24 July 2003, 00:32.
            Core 2 Duo@2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, running SuSE11.2
            G550 at work, G400 and Mystique collecting dust

Comment

looks like they add in a baseball cap
              hmmmmm

Comment

Video phones arrrghhh. Bad idea.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...