2 Parhelias on one pc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leech
    Cool, let's all start a company and label our cards 'pro' so we can charge an assload for them

"You win again, gravity!" -- Zapp Branigan.
    So, a plan to charge an assload for pro cards - how very neutral of you.

It was almost the perfect crime but you forgot one thing: rock crushes scissors... But paper covers rock and... scissors cuts paper! Kif, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper ... and bring me a rock.

Comment

If the card cost less to produce, then it should cost less to the buyer. If this is correct for the PCI version then Matrox should have a different approach to the market.
      I think that they would sell a lot more if the price was lower than the agp version.
      Regards,
      Pedro

Let's see if the file goes now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well...you clicked reload or closed that browser window too soon again (eventully your internet connection is really crappy)
        Trust me, I've made that mistake myself...just left that window (in which you write and send reply) open and unaltered for some time after you click submit (and don't do anything in it. Anything. Clicking submit ONCE and waiting untill the thread with your nice uploaded picture will show up is everything you should do)

edit: btw, I don't see the whole picture yet, but I think it gives me nice idea on how to make my perfect desk some day...
        Last edited by Nowhere; 14 August 2003, 05:27.

Comment

Er...this AGP2PCI-Adapter is used for mounting Low-profile-AGP-cards. So it could be slightly difficult for a Parhelia to fit in an ATX-case this way, right?
          Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

If the card cost less to produce, then it should cost less to the buyer. If this is correct for the PCI version then Matrox should have a different approach to the market.
            I think that they would sell a lot more if the price was lower than the agp version.
            Regards,
            Pedro

Let's see if the file goes now.
            Attached Files

Comment

nice
              how many computers will you be needing to run all those screens? one computer doing 6 heads in 3D would surely slow it down a fair bit
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

How about the QUAD display Parhelia-HR256 for $2995?

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

2- or 3 Pcs. One for the main view (3 21" monitors-Have already one), one for the main instruments (2 17", 1 19") and one (PII or PIII) for the FMC (Flight Management Computer) and other small things.
                  If the pci version was less expensive then I would go only with 2 Pcs.
                  Regards,
                  Pedro

Comment

I've allways wondered about the performance of thoso cards and also the Nvidia Quadro line. Does anyone knows more about them?
                    The price is way aout of my pocket
                    I forgot one more card to andle the front right and front left views, maybe a 750 will do the trick without too much it on the performance.
                    Regards,
                    Pedro

Comment

LOL that Parhelia Quad-head is expensive!

Ever thought of putting 1 R9600 AGP and 2 R9600 PCI? (I think sapphire offers them)

That would be a much cheaper solution. And you can turn on crazy FSAA and 16X AF when playing flight sims at playable frame rates.

And it saves you A LOT of money!

Comment

Originally posted by jpcxcf
                        I assume that Matrox has produced only a very few of those Parhelia PCI cards compared to the amount of Parhelia AGP cards. If that's the case, the cost per produced card can raise much higher than it would normally do.

Comment

I'd tend to agree.
                          If they produced say 25,000 AGP versions of the card, and only 1000 of the PCI version, which do you think would be the higher cost per card??
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                          X