Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia on 440BX board

Hi,

I was wondering if the Parhelia 128M card will run on my ASUS P2B-DS board, which has only an AGP 2x slot. I believe the signal is 3.3V. I asked Kruzin about the P650, and he said NO (on a previous message). I was hoping the situation was different with this card.

Thanks,

-V-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Look at the signature in Utwig 's post
    Apparently it can be done...

Comment

but what motherboard does that guy have?
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

The Parhelia ran just fine on my old Abit BE6-2 Board,wich uses the 440BX chipset.
        Parhelia supports both 3.3v and 1.5v
        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

i have my P on an Asus CUBX.

no probs so far, even with an overclocked AGP.

Sirko,

Comment

X-Caliber, ermmm, it's there

Pentium][ of death: 350@467, midtower, 300W Macase, 2x ZM F1 silent, DFI P2XBL, 512MB Micron PC133 CAS2, Matrox Parhelia512 128MB B...
            Anyway, you have now three examples of BX mobos working...probably all of them are ok.

Comment

Parhelia works in my Supermicro P6DBE (Dual P2 450)

Comment

iirc Kruzin was using his P initially on his p3b-f without problems!

Comment

I did run my P on a P3B for a while.
                  If I said P wouldn't work on a BX board, I was probably out of it that night
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Teh DFI P2XBL (almost 5 years old by now) leaked caps yesterday and is dead now.

However, I'm running fine on ABIT BX133 RAID that I installed because I have urgent work.

I'll be getting parts for new rigs in a week or two. (Tiger MPX, CPUs, Tualatin and junk to rebuild ABIT BX133 RAID rig).

The bellow stuff is really ghetto. I had to tye Zalman F1 with string to small CPU heatsink.

The Celeron won't do 550 w/o a proper heatsink and at 333 it's a real dog compared to 350@467, so I'll most likely get friends BE6II RAID, out of which I can build a server latter on.
                    Last edited by UtwigMU; 15 August 2003, 02:11.

Comment

I run my Parhelia on a very old Asus P2B-S (rev. 1.02) since day one and the only issue that you could consider as incompatibility, is the fact that whenever I shut down the computer and do not wait until all capacitors are fully unloaded before powering it up again, most of the time I get a BIOS beep error code, stating no vid-card found.
                      But, if I wait let's say 10 seconds before powering it up again, all is fine and no problems whatsoever occur elsewhere.

To sum it up, yes the Parhelia does work in an old Asus P2B series board ...
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Teh DFI P2XBL (almost 5 years old by now) leaked caps yesterday and is dead now.
                        Are they the two small caps right behind the middle of the CPU? I had the same thing happen to my P2XBL. Fortunately, it is easy to fix with surrogate caps from another board. Those caps get really hot for some reason in the P2XBL design and it shortens their life. Using bigger ones when you replace them helps distribute the heat better.

Comment

No it's the 3 caps above and right to RAM sockets at the edge of board.

Tayhen 1000 uF/6.3V capacitor

I was running the board maxed out with:
                          2x256MB of PC133CAS2
                          PII 350@467
                          Parhelia (power consuming graphic board)
                          Sound, SCSI card, NIC and modem

I know it's easy to fix, but I'd replace all caps to be on safe side..

There are 15 1000uF/6.3 and about ~30 of small capacitors.

The small ones are harder to soldier.

But it would be easy and cheap to just replace 15 big ones.

I'm getting BE6 II RAID today.

I'll be taking BX133 RAID to do some more soldering (a few of the caps are loose), I can fix P2XBL in the process.

Mine's a revision B+ (there were A, B, C and D) D supports coppermines, the others do not.

Comment

Thanks for the response. one more question (which I can probably guess the answer too), will the TV tuner from my RRG work with the Parhelia? Before you answer with an IMMEDIATE NO(!!), has anyone tried this? Matrox has stated that the RRG TV Tuner won't work under XP, but I just installed the drivers from the G450eTV, and it worked fine! (maybe they meant that they wouldn't support it).

Comment

NO(!!)
                              RR-G is made for G series cards.
                              There is no feature connector on Parhelia to connect the ribbon cable of RR-G to.
                              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X