parhelia and shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parhelia and shuttle

shuttle pc has only 200W power and according to matrox parhelia needs 300W. Anyone has experience of this combination, possible or not. Really appreciate any feedback
    dedicated server obtained, users close to Finland welcome

I think all you can do is to try it. The power number itself doesn't say anything about it. It really depends on your computer, which cpu you use, how many drives you have...

Comment

Maybe you should ask Matrox in the support forums...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I had my Parhelia in my shuttle box for testing and I didn't find any problems with it, though it wasn't in the box extended period of time.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
          Maybe you should ask Matrox in the support forums...
          Mayby i want actual opinion of real users and not just official status of matrox.
          dedicated server obtained, users close to Finland welcome

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work, there are people using 9700s & 9800s in Shuttle boxes, and they consume around double the power Parhelia does.

Comment

Yeah, parhelia doesn't have a connector to draw power directly from the power supply, which means the AGP power spec is sufficient for it. So I wouldn't worry unless you're trying to overclock your motherboard and cpu.

Comment

When I was troubleshooting, I posted BX board with either C366 or PII350, 32M of RAM and Parhelia on 200W codegen PSU.

Didn't boot into windows and run 3D stuff though, so I don't know.

Parhelia uses maximum 30W (Haig said so).

Comment

according to this it can use up to 36 watt under heavy load: http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/90...011358_PIC.gif
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I use a Parhelia in my Shuttle It works fine, but it gets pretty warm since the Suttle has no airholes close to the fan. I would recomend you to make a ventinghole close to the GPU with a fan guard and a filter.

Comment

Working...
                    X