• Show
Clear All

• Multidesk is screwy

Ok, so I turn on multidesk.
    Great, switch to Desktop 2.
    Lookin' good, switch back to desktop 1.
    WHAT? Everything is gone now. Hmm...
    Closed.
    Open it again after the initial frustration.
    Play with the paperclip icon "show only on this desktop".
    Start switching up, Woohoo seems to work.
    Play with paperclip icon some more, app disappears! What the... ???

Has anyone else tried multidesk? A guy on the TR forums says he is having similar problems.

This bug is so old and still not fixed . It happens since the first 1.5 multidesk release, it has been reported many times on the matrox forum.

I'm still using Multidesk 1.0.11 it's the latest version before multidesk 1.5. It has less features but it works . You can find multidesk 1.0.11 in the 5.72 G400 drivers.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Is there any way to separate Multidesk from the rest of the PowerDesk? I'm running W2k and in C:\WINNT\system32\PDesk I found these files: pdmmd.dll; pdmmdres.dll; pdmmd.exe; pdmmdEng.cnt; pdmmdEng.hlp. Does anybody knows would it be sufficient just to replace them or further steps will be required?

I also found some binary registry entryes in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Matrox\MultiDesktop\Ver sion1\Desktops and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\PowerDesk\Versi on6\MultiDesktop\Exclude.

It would be nice to have an option of MultiDesktop versions apart from PD and driver itself.

Comment

Yes you can just replace the files, that's what i did at my work PC (take a backup of the files that you replace first).
        Haven't tried it at home yet with my Parhelia, 3 screens is big enough no need for multidesk.
        Last edited by KeiFront; 28 September 2003, 08:37.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
        X