G450 Millinium Dual head at 89Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 Millinium Dual head at 89Mhz

I have a G450 Millinium Dual head. I want to run this in a older slot one mother board that is running at 133FSB which makes the AGP slot run at 89Mhz. Will the G450 tolerate this. Is anybody doing this.

thanks

Matrox cards are very tolerant of high FSBs. While there's no garauntee, odds are that it will work...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
      Matrox cards are very tolerant of high FSBs. While there's no garauntee, odds are that it will work...
      Thanks for the responce.

You wouldn't know how the ATI All in Wonder cards do at 89Mhz would you. I have a ATI All in Wonder 7500 AGP that I would like to run, but I haven't been able to find any info at all, about how they run at 89Mhz.

Comment

G400 and Parhelia run fine on 89AGP IME.

I heard Radeon 9800 doesn't like this.

Comment

Hi Morse,

Matrox cards have somewhat a history of being able to run on OC'ed busses.

I once had a Millennium G200 running at 100MHz AGP and all irregularities I found was the transfer mode being automatically set back to AGP 1x ...

So after upping your bus, you might want to use Matrox' tweak util for getting a readout of your actual AGP transfer mode.
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

You do not want to run an ATI AIW at 89MHz - at least not if you intend to use the AIW features. Its a considerably more complex bit of hardware than a G200...

Comment

Working...
            X