Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with OpenGL and PCI G450

Hi all.

I've just bought a dualhead PCI G450 to compensate for lack of dual outputs on my Radeon ATi 9800SE All In Wonder.

Everything installs fine, but when I go to try and play Call of Duty, I get an Application Error and the program won't launch. Seems this is the same with every OpenGL app. So I read about on these forums and it seems PCI G450 doesn't support OpenGL under non Intel boards. That's fine; I don't want to run OpenGL apps on it, I want to do that on my 9800!

Anyone got a solution to this? Seems a little crappy that I have to disable the card to play a OpenGL game even when not using it. I have tried disabling the monitors; same problem.

Specs: XP1700+@2.05Ghz, epox 8RDA+, 512mb DDR, XP Pro.

Are you sure that the 9800 is set as the primary display driver?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yep, 100% sure. Set as AGP boot in the BIOS too.

Comment

Re: Help with OpenGL and PCI G450

Originally posted by layzee
        Hi all.

I've just bought a dualhead PCI G450 to compensate for lack of dual outputs on my Radeon ATi 9800SE All In Wonder.

Everything installs fine, but when I go to try and play Call of Duty, I get an Application Error and the program won't launch. Seems this is the same with every OpenGL app. So I read about on these forums and it seems PCI G450 doesn't support OpenGL under non Intel boards. That's fine; I don't want to run OpenGL apps on it, I want to do that on my 9800!

Anyone got a solution to this? Seems a little crappy that I have to disable the card to play a OpenGL game even when not using it. I have tried disabling the monitors; same problem.

Specs: XP1700+@2.05Ghz, epox 8RDA+, 512mb DDR, XP Pro.
        Where did you find this G450 PCI? I need one. Assuming you're in the US.
        P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Nope, I'm in the UK, bought it on ebay. It was only £26 too (approx $45).

Comment

Nope, I'm in the UK, bought it on ebay. It was only £26 too (approx $45).
            Cool!
            P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Here's one for sale in the US: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=40160

Comment

thx for that but I just found them new, oem for $75 delivered. probably go this route instead. I used a pricewatch search.

Comment

Yep, 100% sure. Set as AGP boot in the BIOS too.
                  What about under Windows?
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

9800 AIW is display 1, G450 has displays 2,3.

Comment

With the correct cable the 9800 ican support dual moniters
                      eg the DVI port can be split into DVI and analogue via a splitter cable...well Thats what I have read in the AIW/ forums at raged3d.

but the g450 is probably a more flexible choice

Comment

On my rig 9700Pro is display 1 and 2 G200 is display 3????

Comment

Working...
                        X