Parhelia and Powerstrip problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia and Powerstrip problem

I have the latest Parhelia drivers and the latest build of Powerstrip. The overclocking feature of PS works fine, but the other options don't work at all. I cannot use the driver option boxes (on/off switches) that appear on the same screen as the oc adjustments. These are the vsync, etc. options.

Can anybody help? Has anybody seen this?

EDIT: I tried Windows certified drivers to, no difference...

EDIT #2: I stuck my old G400 in this same box and ALL of the PS features worked fine. Now, Parhelia re-installed, and the same problem is back!
    Last edited by gangster; 28 November 2003, 14:51.
    P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

I can confirm...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Powerstrip = evil.

I recommend Parhelia driveer, overclock with permaclock.exe from MTSTU and using something like refreshlock just for controlling refresh rate.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
        Powerstrip = evil.

I recommend Parhelia driveer, overclock with permaclock.exe from MTSTU and using something like refreshlock just for controlling refresh rate.
        Permaclock won't allow you to split the core-mem clocks will it? My core is at 230 and mem 620. It's an oem card so the card starts at 200/500. A 15% sychronized oc would be 230/575. I hate to give up the extra 45mhz in mem bandwidth as slow as this card is already. There's always the bios hack, but I haven't tried it.

I also like the Powerstrip driver adjustments, assuming they worked. On my G400 they are real nice.
        P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

From Entech Taiwan regarding Powerstrip:

"Oddly, Matrox has apparently decided to "sell" documentation on these driver
          switches to developers, and there isn't enough interest among PowerStrip
          users to warrant the expense. The optiosn remain disabled for now, til
          Matrox changes its policy or enough uses request the feature."

It figures!

Comment

so the line of reasoning goes like this
            "lets sell our feature documentation, that way no one will buy it, so our cards will be even more unsurported, fewer people will actually buy our boards, and we will be able to remain a niche player due to our lack of market share. genious!"
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
              so the line of reasoning goes like this
              "lets sell our feature documentation, that way no one will buy it, so our cards will be even more unsurported, fewer people will actually buy our boards, and we will be able to remain a niche player due to our lack of market share. genious!"

to make things even more niche, we'll drop support for promised features, mark up our boards to make them REALLY unaffordable and make sure ppl get really exasperated! then we'll have the REALLY hardcore fans who will support us to get on by!
              The future's no use today.
              <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

Working...
              X