Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What PCI DVI card do I need to do 3 screens at 1600x1200 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much does QID cost?

Comment

I'm just curious, but why do you have to specifically run stretched mode? Why won't independant mode work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk
        I'm just curious, but why do you have to specifically run stretched mode? Why won't independant mode work for you?
        That is what I was wondering - I specifically use independent mode (same resolution) for all my multi-monitor workstations so the task bar sticks to just one screen

AFAIK if all three mointors are set to the same resolution the only diff is the taskbar. You could easily use UltraMon to handle the taskbar if you wanted.

Comment

Maybe he also wants to play games in surround. In that case he would need the screen stretched across all three displays, but then he will most likely be using 800x600x3.
          I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

Kruzin, i'm runniong a single screen at 1600*1200 DVI at present, if i were to run 2 through parhelia, and 1 through another PCI card, all in independant mode, would it appear to me like the were all coming out of a single card? So when i move the mouse to the right from the far left screen it ends up in the centre, and when i move it from the centre it ends up on the left screen?or would i need to use some nasty keyboard commands to get to the third non parhelia driven screen?
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I have a P750 AGP graphic card, connected to one monitor (1600x1200 res.). I also have a RADEON 9200 PCI connected via it's monitor out connector (HD15) to a PAL TV (720X576 res. via Powerstrip). When moving the mouse from left to right I can reach each desktop surface easy. It's the standard windows XP multi-monitor feature. In dual independant mode you will have 3 different desktop surfaces. Ultra-mon tool can add a task bar on every monitor, if you want.

I posted here my config :

It's really easy to manage 2 graphic cards (AGP+PCI) in a windows XP system.

I attach here a hardcopy of what the 2 screens looks for example when both are active (1600x1200+720x576). On the right, you see the Radeon PCI output to TV, and on the left the P750 output to monitor.
              Attached Files
              A64 3500+ NewCastle @2550 (FSB 255, 10X)
              Abit AV8 v1.1 bios 1.7
              2X256 MB Crucial Ballistix PC4000 (1T Cas 2.0, 2-2-6) @DDR333/FSB255=212MHZ
              LC Power 550 W
              Geforce 6800 GT (Asus V9999GT-TD /128) @428/900 + nvSilencer 5 rev.2
              Thermalright XP-90 + Enermax 92mm fan
              NEC 3520A DVD-RW Firmware 3.04
              SB Audigy 2
              BELINEA 10-17-30
              XP Home SP2 - Via Hyperion Pro 5.00A
              Via IDE accelerator Driver 1.21 Beta
              Via RAID 4.30C driver Via velocity V23 Network driver
              ------------------------------------------
              3DMark05=5024 3DMark03=12508 3DMark01=24352 AquaMark03=70712

Comment

cheers greinedo, im now really tempted to go and blow a whole lot of cash on 2 other dell 2001FP's and a PCI 1600x1200 DVI card. That way i can flick the cables over for a bit of surround gaming every now and then - just a question of wether or not the bank balance agrees, thanks again for the input - very usefull to me!
                is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                X