No announcement yet.

retro: mystique 220 + rainbow runner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro: mystique 220 + rainbow runner...

I have come into posession of an old computer, and am thinking of making a "vcr" out of it. It's a P3 600mhz on an intel bx440 motherboard. The videocard is some kind of ati agp card integrated into the motherboard. The motherboard does'nt have a place to put my own agp-card, so I'm tied to finding one that works with pci.

Now to be able to use it as a vcr, I would obviously need a tv-output. I would prefere not to use too much money on it, so I've been looking around at used cards.

I found somebody selling a mystique 220 with 4mb ram and a rainbow runner card, for a reasonable price. I was having a hard time finding info on it from anywhere, especially info that I need.

I've had a G400 before, and loved it. How would the image quality compare at 1280*1024 or lower? How is the quality of the tv-output and input? (I might occasionally record some video in, but don't really need any features as I'd do the editing on another computer) Am I mad for even considering this?

edit: I'm currently running win2k on the computer, but would possibly be ready to change to an older os if I had no other options.

Never used a Mystique for tv out so I'm not sure how that is... however of the Matrox cards I've seen the G400 easily had the best TV out, and that seemed to be the consensus. Somebody around here should remember what tv out on the old mystique looked like

Comment

I'm also intrested in the general 2d quality. Not asking for alot, just wondering if it is crisp or shakey. (it is an old card...)

Comment

You could buy BX board with AGP slot.

Comment

I have one of those, it's on my server.

So I guess this card is too old for anyone to remember how it was?

Comment

I used to have a really old VLB Ultima. It gave a nice crisp image all the way up to 1600x1200. I'm sure the Mystique will be fine.
            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

You will be fine, the Mystique 220 has very good picture quality (as all matrox cards, after all)!

Regards

Ciumbia

Comment

Working...
              X