X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature of Parhelia / Lockup in UT2004

He people,

How hot should a parhelia get?

If i start my ut2004 than after 1 game or 2 it locks up completely (i can do ctrl+alt+del, and then I see my hd led flashing) but will not get back to windows and have to restart my machine.

After that I touch the back of the card (so not the fan side) and it feels real hot. (i don't have anything to measure the real temp.)

Should I RMA this card?

In other games like Halo / MotoGP2 there is no problem.

Regards,
    Wingie

Ut2004 is fine on my parhelia (original 4x version)... but then it is watercooled
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Parhelias run hot. Are you sure you have adequate cooling in the system?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah they do run hot, are you sure that's the problem? Maybe run it with side panel off and say with a fan blowing on it to make sure?

Comment

Check for dust on the cooler.
          ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

GNEP whats the highest overclock you have got on your parhelia with watercooling?

Comment

GNEP whats the highest overclock you have got on your parhelia with watercooling?
              Not much
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I haven't actually tried to overclock it at all. But probably about 1% if I did...

The watercooling was for noise rather than performance, although the CPU is happily overclocked...
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

My CPU gets up to 59 degrees during gameplay. I have played NFSU for hours on end without any problems. My brother plays UT2K4 for hours at a time and no lockups either (needs to get his own machine)
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

My parhelia doesn't get too hot

Comment

my p650 overheats a bit when I run NFS:U for extended periods with my case airflow set to minimum (which is my default useage setting). I get a lot of visible artifacting, but no lockups (artifacts disappear when I increase airflow).

Comment

Working...
                      X