Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original W2K drivers for G200 crash my computer

Hi!
    Please help me on this issue. I am using G200 Marvel TV on PIII computer with ASUS CUSL2-C Intel chipset. With the original W2K drivers everything is fine. But when I install the Matrox drivers the troubles start -- computer freezing, corrupted icons etc, vertical lines on the screen, etc. I posted a message
    here , reinstalled Windows a few times from skratch, moved around network cards, sound cards but nothing helps. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, because the Matrox drivers for WIN98 (I have two partitions -- Win98 & Win2000) work just fine. The computer is connected to a UPS.
    Last edited by egov; 27 May 2004, 03:09.

I cannot help but ask this question, "Why are you not using the latest drivers?"

Comment

If I'm reading his post right, it's the latest drivers that are causing problems. In which case, my advice would be just use the original W2K drivers, unless there's a reason not to.

Edit: Missing "unless". Talk about not getting my meaning across....
      Last edited by Ribbit; 27 May 2004, 14:15.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Probably because he wants to use it as a Marvel (TV and all that).

But Matrox has pretty much stopped supporting the Marvel, sorry.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi Egov

I have seen this behaviour before of a g400 on the CUSL2-C. I thought I solved it by installing the latest Intel INF chipset drivers and not installing the Intel Application Accelerator software. It has to do something with the memory writing.... maybe try disabling write combining in the advanced display properties, in the trouble shooting tab.

Good luck,
          Peter

ps. consider an ATI All-In-Wonder card as Matrox stopped supporting Marvel cards.
          Peter Aragon
          Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I am not sure if you do need the capability of Marvel. If you do not, try W2k_586. This is the best driver for G200 that I have so far. Rock solid, and WHQL-certified, I even use it for my brother system which has a VIA AGP implementation and running W2k as well. Any version after that just cause system instability. This is on VIA system though.
            KJ Liew

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Aragon
              Hi Egov

I have seen this behaviour before of a g400 on the CUSL2-C. I thought I solved it by installing the latest Intel INF chipset drivers and not installing the Intel Application Accelerator software. It has to do something with the memory writing.... maybe try disabling write combining in the advanced display properties, in the trouble shooting tab.

Good luck,
              Peter

ps. consider an ATI All-In-Wonder card as Matrox stopped supporting Marvel cards.
              I was thinking of suggesting to check the chipset drivers when I saw Peter's post. The only thing I can add is that from selling about a dozen or so of those boards a few years ago, we observed a much higher than normal defect rate. Cards that had problems in one board worked just fine in another. Normally, Asus makes very good and stable boards. The quality of the CUSL2 series wasn't very consistent and was out of step for Asus.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember one of my employees having trouble with his TV Tuner card on a CUSL2-C board. I don't remember what model it was. He never was able to get it working; he gave up and bought a TV.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
              X