No powerdesk after an another card on win xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No powerdesk after an another card on win xp

In my secound pc i would like to use my old mill II. Unfortunatly i used an another card in that pc. Hence (maybe) i can't reach the powerdesk utils. If i want run pdesk.exe manually, it crashed. I don't like to install again win and other softs. Can anybody give me some usefull tips?

If you take out the non-Matrox card, and put in your Mill-II, ie. your Mill-II is the primary display, I don't see any reason why you can't use Powerdesk.
    KJ Liew

Comment

Could be registry crud from the old card. Uninstaller?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by kjliew
        If you take out the non-Matrox card, and put in your Mill-II, ie. your Mill-II is the primary display, I don't see any reason why you can't use Powerdesk.

Of course I can use Powerdesk like a driver, but I can't see the Powerdesk utils in the Display Settings panel. Hence i can't set freely the refresh rate, etc.

Originally posted by Wombat
        Could be registry crud from the old card. Uninstaller?
        Yes, i uninstalled the old card (9800pro). I tryed the Driver Cleaner, RegSupreme, NU Windoctor, but unfortunately these things didn't help me.

A friend of mine got the same problem, but ha couldn't solve it. Finally he reinstalled the win and of course it helped.

P.s.: Sorry my not too good english, but i hope you can undersand me.

Comment

How do you install Powerdesk? Which version you're using? What OS you're using?
          When you installed Mill-2, I bet the OS detects it and install its driver. Do you run setup.exe from Powerdesk again?
          KJ Liew

Comment

I uninstalled radeon driver and control panel. After that i run setup exe. I use the last offical, suitable driver from Matrox webpage. (5.82.018) I use english win xp pro.

When you installed Mill-2, I bet the OS detects it and install its driver. Do you run setup.exe from Powerdesk again?
            Yes i do, becouse win xp installed its built-in driver. But the card was in the Unkown group in Device Maneger not in Display adapters. I tried remove win driver, but it recognise my card when reboot and i could't stop it to install its driver.

Comment

Working...
            X