Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking Parhelia with Peltier Cooling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enak
    I do have ramsinks, and the screen corruption only happens when I bump up the speed suddenly with powerstrip. If I go up in steps it works fine.

I was wondering how fast I can make it go...

What are you using to overclock your card? What drivers are you running? I am on the dx9 beta's
    i'm using powerstrip to overclock the card, and dx9 drivers. I too get the memory artifacts when making a sudden oveclock, you need to get the screen to refresh to make them go away which can be acheived by moving the memory core speed about a bit in powerstrip. Would be very interested to see if a pinsfile alteration could get you higher than 300Mhz.
    Good luck!
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
      btw, once you upped your clocks to eg. 300/300, you could use Matrox' own OCing util and increase the clocks percentwise, until you hit the roof.

That way, you could easily find your highest stable settings and make those permanent through the P's BIOS.
      Personally i have never been able to make MGA Tweak work with the P8x, that may be my own problem though

Comment

I tried the MGA tweek last night and my centre screen blanked!

Will try and see how fast I can get her to go later this week...

Need a backup method first so I am able to restore the card if it all goes horribly wrong!!

First things first though... need to tighten up the pipe join onto the water block as it is dripping onto my Audigy 2!!! :-)
        Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

While I am thinking of it... how fast should the memory safely go, obviously I don't have to run them syncronously... The core should clock faster as it is being quite effecively cooled!
          Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Originally posted by borat
            Personally i have never been able to make MGA Tweak work with the P8x, that may be my own problem though
            personally, I never tried using MGA Tweak on a P8x ...

however, it did work great with the original P and I simply was presuming, it would do the same on thenew core.
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

If I remember correctly, there was some discussion somewhere sometimes, that MGA tweak util will NOT work with P650, P750 or Parhelia 8x. And Haig has told me that they're not going to rewrite this util anymore.

Comment

I think the memory on mine is 2.8ns, that equate to around 360Mhz i think so you should be safe up to that, Im sure you could push it beyond though, just remember to get the screen to refresh through powerstrip if it gets corrupted, as has been said before its not due to your memory being pushed too far, but problems with the change in frequency, once you refresh with the change it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                  In my books, Powerstrip has a tendency to mess things up, when you're trying to push it too much at once, dunno why, but as you noticed, it seems to work fine when upping speeds notch by notch.
                  Please supply an example of a clock speed jump that (more or less) consistently produces artifacts/corruption. Tks.

Comment

300/ 360

Comment

I'll second Maggi's sentimate... PS tends to mess P up if not upped notch by notch (we're powerstrip beta testers as were Matrox beta testers)

Shame they don't have our tweaker, Aye Maggster
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I can't test at such high memory clock speeds with stock cooling, but PowerStrip 3.53 should be able to handle large clock bumps a bit better than previous releases...

Comment

I'll give it a go once my poor pc is back together...

Feel sorry for my mates rug... that's where it leaked!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley
                            Please supply an example of a clock speed jump that (more or less) consistently produces artifacts/corruption. Tks.
                            Hi Ashley,

I'll have a look at it with your new release on my current Sapphire 9600 256MB DDR non-pro and let you know.

Originally posted by Greebe
                            I'll second Maggi's sentimate... PS tends to mess P up if not upped notch by notch (we're powerstrip beta testers as were Matrox beta testers)

Shame they don't have our tweaker, Aye Maggster
                            ROFL

Aye, Greebster ...
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Finally put my PC back together!

Running 333/ 399 Stable...

Comment

Tonight I'm going to see if I can dump the Pins and make the overclock permanent...

Powerstrip won't let me go any higher :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X