Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding P650 to Dual Boot system

Hi everyone...

I bought a P650 card a month or so back in anticipation of getting a DVI LCD monitor to replace my CRT. I've yet to install it (still using the G450) but I figured I'm ready to give it a go. It was just then that I realized that there are no WIN98 drivers for the P650, and I have a dual boot XP/98 system. I rarely ever boot into the 98 side of things, but every now and then I must. Can I keep the G450 and add the P650 to my system, switching the monitor cable when I need to be in 98? Is it also possible, once I get my LCD monitor, to hook the DVI cable to one input from the P650 and the VGA cable to the G450? Is there any chance that WIN98 drivers for the P650 be developed? Thanks for any advice....

Dennis

If it's a PCI G450 that should work, as should connecting the 2 inputs of the monitor to the 2 cards. You'll just get an unrecognized card in your win98 device manager.

And no, there is no chance of 9x drivers for any P series card...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh yeah... only got one AGP slot. Wasn't thinking there. Shouyld be easy enough to put a PCI card in. Thanks for the reply...

Comment

What do you need Win98 for. If it's one application or so, maybe you should get VM Ware. Then you can run a Win98 virtual machine for it.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Or you could just get an older PII/PIII/K7 system for Win98 applications.

Comment

Working...
          X