Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marvel G400 with newer motherboards

L.S.

Have a Marvel G400-TV for many years. Love it.

Now, plan to buy a Asus K8V deluxe motherboard for my new athlon64 processor.

Board specs say: AGP 4 or 8 , but 1,5 volts only.

Looked at all fora here, and at first glance this board and my old marvel seems to go together.

But now I'm worried by a recent mail on the matrox forum, where somebody asked advice for another brand of new board, and got the advice to look at older boards that also support AGP 2.

Does the combination above work or not?

Your advice , please,

Gijsbert.

test g400 marvel tv and mobo abit an7

The system don't work !

Mobo : ABIT AN7 - AMD Soc A -AGP 1.5/0.8 v

Video Card : Martox Marvel G400 TV

Comment

have you done the voltage detection modification?

Comment

hello runderwo,

I don't know the "the voltage detection modification" for the MARVEL G400 agp card.

I see agp documentation and I put digital multimeter on pin A2 (TYPEDET#) and this pin is grounded. All is ok !
        My system "Abit AN7 + Matrox G400 Marvel" dont' work !

I put another (more recent) agp card (x8) and the system work ! But I want use my matrox card, is a bit old but is wonderfully under linux for video analog acquire with lavrec in mjpg format. Another wonderfull is xinerama output with mplayer (2 screens, classical monitor + tv output on big TV) IS THE TOP !

View on matrox site : there are virtually no problems with newer g400 and all marvel g400 series to work on agp 1.5v.
        Mobo Abit AN7 is agp 1.5v and 0.8 v, I don't understand !!!

Note about the "the voltage detection modification" The G400 and G400 Marvel are not the same pcb, is different.

thanks
        Michel Hugues
        Last edited by hugos; 30 October 2004, 05:33.

Comment

Ok, was just checking. Some G400 boards report that they are only capable of 3.3V AGP, even though all G400 chips are capable of both 1.5V and 3.3V operation. If you don't have that problem, I'm not sure what's going on. Does a G450 work?

Comment

g400 marvel on Mobo Abit AN7

"Does a G450 work?"

I do not have g450 for test-it on Mobo Abit AN7.

I plan to use G400 marvel on another mobo.

If work on another recent mobo, I will say it to you.

Many thanks.

hugues michel

Comment

Working...
            X