Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P650: 2 dvi outputs into 2 dvi connected LCD's, contrast adjustment disables?? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can call it power whining, or whatever you wish.

the bottomline is: i purchased the P650 in good faith, with many in the professional graphics industry being supports of this card. yet, my "good faith" did not bear fruit. it is a problematic card in terms of conflicts with Outlook/Office 2003, Windows Media Player 10, and now, one week after i bought it, i discover that there are NO color adjustments.

whining? factual, i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by DualMonitors
      you can call it power whining, or whatever you wish.

the bottomline is: i purchased the P650 in good faith, with many in the professional graphics industry being supports of this card. yet, my "good faith" did not bear fruit. it is a problematic card in terms of conflicts with Outlook/Office 2003, Windows Media Player 10, and now, one week after i bought it, i discover that there are NO color adjustments.

whining? factual, i'd say.
      No, it's just whining, especially now that you've gone on about it for around three posts now. Look, you have to remember, this is the M<B>U</B>RC. Matrox <B>Users</B>. We're just people who have the cards, just like you. This is not an official Matrox site, nor tied to Matrox in any capacity (though their employees may lurk here). Complaining to us about something that we also dislike, and also cannot change, does nothing but take up the time of people who would generally like to help you, but can't in this specific situation.

I'm not condoning Matrox's actions in anyway (in fact, they're just showing their stupidity again, which is why I doubt I'll buy any more of their products, and have tried to save other people - including you - from buying their products). But bitching at us for something we have no involvement with doesn't do anything but annoy people who are not to blame.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Gee, well, er...gosh, Wombat, I guess I'll just have to listen to you and be quiet.

I believe that it serves a purpose by warning other unsuspecting potential purchasers, like myself 2 weeks ago, the way that Matrox is handling this. If I were to have know about the Outlook/Office 2003 issues, along with Windows Media Player 10 issues, and on top of all of that, zero ability to adjust color due to their removing a critical piece of software from their CD, would I have purchased this P650 card last week? The answer is a resounding: no!

These most fundamental usage-related issues having been "discovered" and "logged" here, I believe, is a service to potential buyers of Matrox products and/or current users. This is not to tell anyone to do anything, but listing the "found issues/bugs".

Comment

Matrox screwed you. You have a problem with that. Fine, and appropriate.

Stating your problem here and asking for constructive feedback: appropriate and welcomed.

Whining and bitching about it here, and being an ass when asked to remain respectful of others: not appropriate.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And you're doing a poor job of that at the moment. If you can't make your point without inflammatory language towards people who are going out of their way to help you, then yes by all means be quiet.

P.S. The Outlook/Office issues were likely your own fault (not cleaning uninstalling previous drivers).
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You've had the card a week, if you are unsatisfied return it for a refund.

If you decide otherwise then buy Coloreal and install it.

YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO REMOVE ALL INSTANCES OF THE NV DRIVERS FIRST!

and yes I DO know what you said above is bullpucky, they are still in there and you don't know how to remove them properly.

Rob, I think his OCing is unstable and the reason for the Office/Outlook issues.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

the Outlook/Office 2003 conflict has been "reproduced in house" by the Matrox tech team:

"We would like to inform you, at this time, that the issue reported has been reproduced in-house (tech_support) and has been entered into our software bug data-base so that our engineering team can further prioritize and investigate this issue to, hopefully, implement a solution or plausible work-around for it in future driver-releases. "

i had used a driver cleaner that was suggested by the Dell forum moderator (Dell employee):

i don't know if it's the best one to use, but i thought that i was being thorough by taking all the suggested, proper steps prior to installing new video drivers. i'm not the best at this, but i follow the suggestions and directions.

as far as i can tell, the tech support people have been able to reproduce the same conflicts on their computers.

Comment

Working...
              X