Parhelia 128 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 128 Problem

I'm new to this forum thing, this is my first post. . .

Has any one had this happen or know how to fix it?

I've had a Parhelia 128mb card since August and it has worked great until a couple of days ago. I have two CRT monitors.

The problem I have is that the second monitor has an extreme yellow hue to it. The display is not distorted or any thing.
    The primary monitor is perfect.

No settings on the monitor have changed. I plugged my other monitor in the second slot on the card to see if it was my monitor but I got the same result.

I've tried everything I can think of as far as the software/drivers go.

View problem: http://www.aloofhosting.com/bdkoehn/Monitors.jpg

Can someone help?

Brad

I'd post in Matrox tech support forum.

You might have problem with damaged cables or connectors.

If the card is the problem, RMA it.

Comment

View Problem

This link will work:

View problem: http://www.aloofhosting.com/bdkoehn/monitors.htm

Brad

Comment

Do you have "Coloreal Visual" calibration software on your driver CD?
        Does the monitor calibration make any difference?
        If not, I would contact Matrox for RMA...

Comment

Does it make any difference, if you select "stretched mode" instead of "independent mode"?

Comment

I tried messing with the monitor color and with Coloreal and found something interesting: There is no blue being displayed.

Adjusting the blue on the monitor does nothing.

AND

In Coloreal Monitor Characterization when you are supposed to choose which diamond blends into background for red, green, and blue:
            Blue does not show up at all.

Weird.

Comment

You should post this at Matrox forums and ask for RMA. They'll open again on Monday.

Comment

It's not the card. Your monitor's blue channel has died.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                  I understood he tried the primary monitor on the second head and it had the same problem - seems like an adapter cable or video card problem.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                    ...or VGA cable. Check conectors.

Try switching monitors, if problem stay's on courent non-blue monitor, that's your problem. If problem moves to another monitor, switch cables between them. If non-blue signal is comming from Parhelia, then contact Matrox for RMA.
                    <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

Re: Parhelia 128 Problem

Originally posted by Travelistic
                      No settings on the monitor have changed. I plugged my other monitor in the second slot on the card to see if it was my monitor but I got the same result.
                      Sorry, missed that one.
                      DVI-to-VGA conector maybe?
                      <font size="1" color="green">Holly: "Appreciate what vou've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"</font>

Comment

Faulty cables, adapters or connections would be my next guess...
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

yeah cables/connectors - had a similar thing happen when i never bothered screwing my VGA cable in and it started slipping out. Try a different cable if you can.
                          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                          X