HELP! Marvel G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Marvel G200

I can't get my AGP Marvel to work under Win2K. I'm at a loss? I've installed Vidtools 3.03 and I always get the following error:

Matrox video hardware is currently unavailable. Other software may be using this hardware or there may not be enough graphics memory available.

To use this hardware with this software, try this: (1) Close any other program that may be using it (for example, video capture, playback or editing programs). (2) Lower your display resolution and/or color palette (a 16-bit color palette is recommended).

Then nothing after that.

I'm running the 5.82 video driver. My color palette is set to 16bit. What gives? I'm also running a second PCI video card (for dual diplays) can this be the cause of my troubles?

I've got the latest service packs on my machine.

One last note, if I try launcing the PC-VCR remote a few times, the interface with the remote and the TV display will pop up, but nothing happens. I get this half black half green screen with the word "line" in it in the TV display area. "Line" is my input.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Make sure the Marvel is the primary boot device, and that it has an IRQ assigned to it (both settings in the motherboard BIOS).
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that? Could you possibly walk me through that?

Comment

As the system is booting up, hit whatever key your system requires to enter the BIOS (delete key in most cases, but could also be f1 or something else).
        Once in the just look around for the settings I mentioned, or something similar (not the same on all motherboards).
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If I remember correctly, there were problems with the Matrox Marvel series' video capabilities being used in conjunction with another video card. Have you tried the Marvel on it's own yet?

J1NG

Comment

The times it has problems with a second video card are generally because the other card is the primary boot device. For the capture functions of Marvel to work, it must be the primary.

Comment

Okay, I've pulled out the second video card and I've made sure that the Marvel is the primary boot device (although I don't think it's relevant now).

Still no dice. What do you think is up? Should I give up?

Comment

Now that you've removed the 2nd video card, try removing then reinstalling any video s/w or drivers. Especially remove the drivers for the 2nd video card before you do the G200 reinstall. (To state the obvious, note that you have to do all of these uninstalls/installs as Administrator. Note also that you may have to follow the h/w uninstall procedure, but the s/w driver uinstall feature should take care of that (I think).)

If that works, you can trying installing the 2nd video card again. Again, as someone else said, be sure the Marvel is the Primary video card in the system mobo bios. The mobo bios usually designates the Primary as AGP or PCI. Do the approprate for the G200. If adding the 2nd video card screws things up again, you've found what you can't do.

(Just in case both video cards in question are PCI, try making sure the G200 is in a lower numbered PCI slot, which usually have higher priority, and that it has a lower number IRQ in the range of 9-15 than the other PCI card. Avoid IRQ 9 for both if possible. ACPI usually uses that one and has a tendency to screw some things up, depending on how well or poorly the drivers and bios are written. Not sure this will help, but it's something to try.)
                Last edited by Mcollector; 20 November 2004, 16:47.
                You were told - Sasq

Comment

You said you are using the W2K 5.82 drivers. Have you tried the W2K 5.86 drivers (or later) off Matrox' site?
                  You were told - Sasq

Comment

This looks like a job for ... the Matrox Hardware forum!!!!
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'd recomend trying different versions of the video tools software as well. I have a faded memory of having to do this once.

Comment

Working...
                      X