Another new card: p650 PCIe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P650-PCIe to be in stock soon

My online retailer just got the P650-PCIe up on their pricelist. They expect to have it in stock on 2005-03-26 (unconfirmed). I have naturally place an order for it, and expect to have it shipped here as soon as they get it. I just hope that date doesn't slip to much.

The rest of my new machine is shipping right now, and I've placed an order for a Sapphire Radeon X300SE that I can use with my system until the new P650 arrives. PCIe is all new for me, so I don't have the option to use any old graphics card while I wait. The good news is that I can do a direct comparison between the two cards when the P650 arrives. It should be interesting to say the least, considering they are both office products, and the P650 cost about four times more than the X300SE. But my money is on the P650 beating the X300SE. Only question is by how much. Anyone care to guess? :-)

Comment

It should be faster. But then again X300SE is based on same core as 9600SE, which means it supports SM 2.0 while Parhelia does not.

I think this will be interesting to see.
      let us know about the results.
      "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
      X