X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Tweak settings

Hi,
    I'm new here.
    I have downloaded the G400 Tweak utility, version 006, to use on my G400. Can anyone suggest what settings I should activate (or deactivate) for the average system. Also, I have version 6xx of the Matrox drivers. The utility specifies version 5xx. Is that a problem?
    Thanks,
    John

settings for an 'average system'.. let's see.... default settings

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
      settings for an 'average system'.. let's see.... default settings
      Thanks dZeus. That was very helpful..... John

Comment

you sound rather sarcastic here, John. If that's correct, then let me tell you that this MTSTU tool is meant for fixing certain problems. As long as the default configuration of your videocard works ok, it won't help you a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
          you sound rather sarcastic here, John. If that's correct, then let me tell you that this MTSTU tool is meant for fixing certain problems. As long as the default configuration of your videocard works ok, it won't help you a thing.
          Hi dZeus,
          You're quite right. I was being sarcastic. I thought this tool was for overclocking.
          I apologize.

John

Comment

You can overclock with the MTSTU, but I'd advice to give MGATweak a try as it's much more flexible (though more prone to error when you don't know what you're doing).

Comment

O.K. Thanks .... John

Comment

Hi dZeus,
                I have installed the MGATweak utility. Would you please tell if these are the optimal settings for a vanilla G400? I have installed a fan on the heat sink.
                pll clock - 285,
                gclk 1.50 syspll 190 mhz
                mclk 1.50 syspll 190 mhz
                wclk 2.00 syspll 142 mhz
                I did not activate any of the miscellaneous settings.
                I set the SDRAM/SGRAM settings as suggested in the .pdf file:
                MGA-G400: 3, 1, 3, 8, 3, 1, Fast, 1, 1, 1, 1.4, 1.4
                Can I assume from what you said that the Matrox Tweak utility will not do anything that MGATweak will not?
                Thanks,
                John

Comment

as long as it runs stable, it's great. I know that the MAX runs one of the sub-systems at a relatively lower frequency compared to the vanilla (I think the PLL at 200 and mem at 166, and with more relaxed timings).
                  Last edited by dZeus; 24 October 2005, 15:47.

Comment

Thanks again...... John

Comment

Working...
                    X