Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 dualhead on tv only

Hello .
    got a question , is it possible to have the matrox g550 dual head connected to tv only for use as a htpc system ?

And another question , can it be done with windows or linux ?

Have searched alot but didnt find what i was looking for ..

/Carlsberg

Been a while, but this is how I seem to remember it...
    This will not work with a G550 unless it is a hi-def TV that can report as a monitor to the video card. If it is a standard TV (RCA or RGB connection) it won't do it without a monitor.
    G400 could do it, including DOS/BIOS screens. (I know this, cause I still do it)
    G450 could do it, but no DOS/BIOS screens.
    G550 will only activate it's secondary output if it sees it's primary outpout as active first.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Aha ok . thx now i know for sure ..
      maybe better to search for a g400 then ..
      btw is it good quality on the g400 also on tv ?

Comment

G400 had the best TV out quality of any of the G series cards, if not one the best ever made by anyone. It had an external Maven TV chip that none of it's successors had. It's still a very popular card for HTPCs because of it's top notch output.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

aha thx

now only to get a second hand g400 ..

/carlsberg

Comment

Originally posted by carlsberg
            aha thx

now only to get a second hand g400 ..

/carlsberg

Hello again .
            ok i found a g400 max . .
            but now i have b-w picture on tv
            And i also tryed in windows xp with clone and dvd max tryed alot settings but cant get it on tv in color ..
            And i thought that the g400 could start in dos also ?
            any1 knows how to setup that card right ?
            also tryed a new bios and tvout setting to pal , region where im at .
            no luck yet ..

Comment

- the break-out cable (BOC) of the G400 is different from the G450/G550; it's black where the G450/G550 BOC is white.
              - when you use the S-video connector on the BOC to hook up the TV to a SCART connector, make sure that connector supports S-video input. Lots of TV sets have seperate SCART connectors that accept composite/RGB and composite/S-video signals.
              - when you use the S-video connector on the BOC, make sure you have the TV set to accept S-video instead of composite. Some TV sets require you to manually select the proper input format (often a icon with input and a small 's' is shown on the OSD).

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                - the break-out cable (BOC) of the G400 is different from the G450/G550; it's black where the G450/G550 BOC is white.
                - when you use the S-video connector on the BOC to hook up the TV to a SCART connector, make sure that connector supports S-video input. Lots of TV sets have seperate SCART connectors that accept composite/RGB and composite/S-video signals.
                - when you use the S-video connector on the BOC, make sure you have the TV set to accept S-video instead of composite. Some TV sets require you to manually select the proper input format (often a icon with input and a small 's' is shown on the OSD).

Hello . .
                aha ok now i see ..
                i just used the BOC from my g550 .
                Im gonna get the other BOC from the g400 and hook it to my tv later .

Thx

Comment

Working...
                X