TH2GO Digital announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH2GO Digital announced

I may buy this. I'll wait for the reviews first.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

l'inq link, Matrox showing it off at GDC 007

One interesting feature it has is bezel removal. Basically, it will cut a little off the edges where the monitors meet to make it look like there is no gap between the monitors. It is not fully working. In the the screen shot above, you can see a space where there should be none, and the edges are not flush with the picture on the outside of the monitors. This is a minor software issue that will be ironed out.

The boxes are going to be available at the end of Q2 for a list price of $229. If you look at the cost of a decent 19-inch monitor, the TripleHead2Go is a very attractive idea. µ
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm unclear on the dual-link input...
      Does it mean if you were to input a dual link signal (for two widescreen monitors for instance) that it can output it to three non-widescreen monitors?

Also, how come Matrox cards are not in the compatibility list? An oversight, or don't they work?

Clever that they are using USB power now.

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 8 March 2007, 02:55.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

matrox cards don't have enough power
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
          matrox cards don't have enough power
          And if you have Matrox Parhelia, Matrox QID, Matrox G450x4 MMS or similar, you already have three or four outputs and you don't need Matrox TripleHead2Go.

Comment

Well, if you want three outputs + TV out and have a Parhelia.......

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Why dont most ATI cards work? I bought the analogue th2go, and it should have worked with my laptop (Mobility 9700, which is pre X1K), but I cant get anything to work except for the resolutions on the expander tool. Which is no good, as I have 3 19 inch 1280x1024 monitors to plug into it.

Ive contacted Matrox and ATI and Fujitsu Siemens (laptop maker), and no help form any of them. ATI and FS just ignored me, the guy from Matrox remote desktopped in, and couldnt get it to work.

I now have 2 monitors I cant use, and a bloody expensive th2go still in its box. I wouldnt count on the digital one to work till after you know for sure someone with your exact card has it working.

Also, last time I checked, they had no plans for Visa drivers anyway! That was when their forums were working though, so things might have changed.

Slightly grumpy Ali

Comment

Working...
              X