weird G400 DH Clone PAL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird G400 DH Clone PAL problem

Hey I ran into this issue on my HTPC (still got the Millennium G400 installed) and I can't remember having it before, nor does anything I do seem to fix it. I'm at a loss as to how to fix it!

Issue:
    Running DH Clone with PAL tv-out enabled, no resolutions/video modes are exposed in Direct3D when 'favour performance' is selected in DH Clone properties!

Things I've tried already:
    - Switching to NTSC tv-out exposes all resolutions I expect to be exposed (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768), and Direct3D works fine
    - Enabling 'allow software scaling' in the DH Clone properties in PAL mode has the effect that all non-hw scaled resolutions are exposed (e.g. 1152x864x16, etc).
    - Tried all kinds of different powerdesk display drivers (5.84, 5.88, 5.90-5.96). No difference at all!

As I've noticed, when I switch to NTSC tv-out with 'favour performance', windows says it's outputting progressive scan video modes. When I switch to PAL it says it's only outputting interlaced scan video modes. Setting DH Clone mode to 'favour image quality' in PAL tv-out also makes windows only expose progressive scan video modes.
    Maybe my problem is correlated with this behaviour? Did installing SP3 for Windows XP, or some DX9 update cause the loss of exposure of interlaced video modes?

If nobody has any clue as to how to fix this, then I'll try to reinstall XP w/SP2 and see if it makes a difference.
Working...
X