No announcement yet.

Expendable crashes to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen the 'the bdf is missing' error when I've tried to launch the game without the cd in the drive.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

agallag, you got it!
      After reading you're post I thought
      hmmmm..I haven't had a cd in my cd player when I got the error message
      so I put the matrox driver,etc. cd in, started expendable and it didn't crash,
      in fact it went directly to the opening
      scene.I haven't played the game yet
      but it looks like this might have been the problem.
      I hope this works for everyone who's been having problems.

Comment

Glad I could help. Wish I could help myself though... mine wont launch even with the cd
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

agallag,
          I increased my agp aperature to 256 last night and guess what happened?
          I tried to play ex. this morning and it crashed to the desktop. I changed the aperature back to 64 and it works!
          Hope this helps.

Comment

So... you had AGP aperature set to more memory that upi had installed yeah? 256M for 192 Memory...hmmm...

anybody else get any mileage on this one?

------------------
            Phil
            Phil

Comment

Hi there Phil

I´ve got the AGP aperture set to 128 and I have 96 Mb Ram

Never had the slighest problem. I remember having it at 64 when I had the G200 and if I put it at 128, it permormed much better in 32 Mb tests rendering textures (Final reality, 3dMark...)
              Now with a G400 32 Mb I don´t notice anything strange... Oh, even the bundled Expendable runs lovely, it only crashes when I´m exiting the game. Always. Well, who cares, I already exit Expendable with the reset button

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 09-05-1999).]

Comment

I have a measly 64 MB of ram, and I had my aperture set to 128. Matrox tech support had me set it down to 32, but it didn't help at all. I haven't heard from them in a week now...

Comment

Oh, and before anyone tells me to put in more ram, I was about to about two months ago. My local store had 128MB PC-100 for $125 canadian. That's the cheapest it's ever been. I thought I'd wait one more week and see what the price was (it was a pay week the next week). Well, the next week the price was $160. So I waited some more... needless to say, the price is now $265.99. Crap. There's no way I'm paying that much for one little circuit board

Comment

Well I have never had any problems with expendable, I just installed it and it ran smoothly, so no complaints from me :-)

Specs:
                    win98
                    k6-3 450 on p5a mobo
                    128 pc100 ram
                    sblive retail
                    IBM Deskstar 13.5
                    g400 32mb DH
                    System:
                    Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                    AMD Thunderbird 800
                    SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                    Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51