G400MAX & Quake2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX & Quake2???

Can anyone help me out here? I've installed Quake 2 and was looking foreward to see the timedemo, but it would only run in software? I choose Default OpenGL. I've got the latest bios and drivers, but Q2 was only v3.19. If you know what's wrong plz, let me know!
    MaXi

I have the 3.20 patch installed for Q2, but I don't think that's your problem. I do recommend that you upgrade to 3.20 anyway, as it's the latest version, and appears to be running great on my system.

Now- back to your problem. You dont happen to have the 3dfx minigl installed in the Q2 directory do you? I experienced this problem when I first installed the game, but found that simply deleting any *gl.dll files from the Q2 directory caused the game to use my primary display device's ICD drivers instead.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I'm still running 3.19, and tried deleting, but it still wont run

Sure is strange... could it be the 5.21 drivers?
      MaXi

Comment

You probably have Dual-Head multiple monitor enabled...
        Disable it (and reboot (argh matrox!)) and it should run fine.

PS: If that isnt the problem, then your not running your desktop in 16/32bit mode.
        Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
        Enter The Sphere:
        go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

THANX, it's working it was the screen resolution... Stupid though..
          MaXi

Comment

Working...
          X