Expendable framerates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendable framerates

Are these scores good? I feel that I should be getting a bit more. These are gotten from my Celeron OC to 464, 128 megs PC100, and G400 MAX OC to 110% using Matrox utility

Expendable Timedemo Report
    --------------------------
    Running at - 1024 x 768 x 32
    Total Time - 253 Seconds
    Gameframes - 7585
    Lowest FPS - 14 fps
    Highest FPS - 49 fps
    Average FPS - 29.940711 fps

By the way. Is it possible to make the camera follow the player when using the "bucketofchicken" code? In the timedemo it does but when I play it doesn't. The screen doesn't rotate to the way I am facing and doesn't follow my character like in the timedemo. Thanks for any help given.

kooguy,
    Bucketofchicken works for me for the behind view.Just type 'bod' followed by the' - 'key
    on the numpad then bofc and -.That should do it.
    By the way...how do you run the timedemo?

Comment

I have only tried demo. Configure the game to the settings you want in the initial setup menu then exit. At the command line type -timedemo after the expendable executable. It will create a .txt file after the demo finishes with the average fps.
      Frank.

Comment

Yes bucketofchicken works but that is not what I am trying to say. In the timedemo, the screen faces the direction that the player is facing. The camera also follows the player as he moves along. Just think of HalfLife of Quake 2. This only happens in the timedemo. When I turn on the cheat when playing the game, the screen does not face which direction I am facing and the camera does not follow my character. It reminds me of Quest for Glory where the screen switches to a new one after I have left it. Is it like that for you?

Also, please post your timedemo scores at the same res that I had mine. Thanks.

Comment

Expendable Timedemo Report
          --------------------------
          Running at - 1024 x 768 x 32
          Total Time - 230 Seconds
          Gameframes - 11226
          Lowest FPS - 32 fps
          Highest FPS - 73 fps
          Average FPS - 48.747826 fps

edited: yes you should be getting more. Try defragging your drive, disble v-sync maybe, are you using the lastest 5.25 drivers/bios?, do you have busmastering disabled(will reduce performance)?, just some thoughts off the top of my head.

PII500
          Abit BX6.2
          256Mb ram
          G400 at 147Mhz core or 117% with v-sync diasbled.

edited again: BTW have you managaed to get the bumpmapping to work in the demo? I enable the option in the setup but I dont see the wonderfull effects that have been posted on the web.

edited yet again: actually, looking at your gameframes, if the demo timedemo is the same as the full versions' then it looks like my resultant is almost twice that of yours and this might be the effect of disabling v-sync.

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited 09-21-1999).]

Comment

Well, everything is set right for all I know. I tried it again a few times and it is about the same.

V-sync is disabled. Is that a P3 500 you have there? Or is that a P2 OC to 500?

You got those from a demo of Expendable or the Full Version of Expendable that comes with the G400s? Mine is with the bundled version. I heard that the demo version is much faster. If you are not getting the Bumpmapping even after turning it on in the settings, try pressing F3 or F4 I think. One of them turns it on and one of them turns it off. Your scores should be lower once you turn it on. Not sure if it will be as low as mine though.

Comment

Yes I am using only the demo I d/l. Thanks for the tip on bumping, I will try it. And yes this is a PII333 overclocked to 500, I am sorry I did not make that clear.
              If the demo results are reported as being faster, then your system is probably behaving properly.
              It would take someone else with the full version to confirm your findings.
              I assume you have even gone to the registery key and checked that v-sync is set to '0', disabled.
              Then I am sorry I could not be of more assistance.
              I am curious to share your resolve.
              Regards,
              Frank.

Comment

kooguy,

My results:
                1024x768
                bump on
                v-sync off
                frames 9182
                lowest 16
                highest 46
                average 25.292

I was doing around 30 average until we got close to the water and the bumpmapping
                started to drag the average down.

p2 450, g400 max o/c by 14%,192 ram

When I ran the timedemo the view was from above and behind, just like the game. When I use the bofc cheat in the game it gives me a view from directly behind..sort of like half life or unreal but several feet back.

Comment

Wow, I actually did better than you. Although you have a higher lowest framerate than me. Yeah everything starts to slow down once I got to the beach and the character would start acting stupid and getting killed over and over again.

Hmmm...the extra 14 MHZ on my Celery helped me to get a bit better scores than you? Did you use the Matrox utility or MGA Tweak? I want to try MGA Tweak but the settings seem kind of confusing.

I finally got the bofc cheat to work. Seems like only if you use player 1 the camera will follow you. I had to plug in my second sidewinder in order for me to use player 1 with it. Otherwise, I can't set the buttons right. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                  X