Homeworld Demo G400 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeworld Demo G400 issues

I just got my g400 Vanilla about a week ago, and I was very excited to try out Homeworld with it.. Sadly I'm experiencing intermittant, brief, pauses. Plus the mothership's textures are screwed when you zoom out.

I tried the same demo out with my CL TNT and there were no such "pauses" any ideas?

I've tried reinstalling (format) Windoze 98SE and DirectX 7. I'm also running version 5.25 of the Matrox drivers. Finally it doesn't matter if its in Direct3d or Opengl. Same result.

Also I'm getting 3D Marks of 2900. Seems a bit low to me, especially when my CL TNT does 3100.

My system specs.
    Slot1 400Mhz Celeron (not O/Ced)
    128 66Mhz RAM
    Asus P2B ver. 1008
    G400 32Mb (Vanilla not O/C)

Oh yeah I have a Diamond Mx300 using the latest A3D drivers too.

Comment

A lot of problems occure with G400 and Win98SE. Using Win98, Homeworld runs much better.

Comment

The Demo worked for me with W98se...

Comment

What are your systems specs?

Could the low benchmark in 3dMark Max be some kind of indicator too?

Comment

I ran the HW demo both in OGL and D3D on my G400 (plain old 98), and did not see any corrupt textures or game pauses.

The only thing wrong I saw was on the sensors manager, when zoomed all the way out, I would get a couple of flashing lines off the grid. This hapened in OGL and D3D.

For the pausing issue, you might want to try and set your virtual memory to a permanent size, rather than letting windows manage it...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hmmm I set the swap file to 256 Meg. Still no effect. I shoved the TNT back in to test and no pausing problems with it. Hmm does the G400 dislike Win98SE?

Comment

Working...
              X